How was your day or week at work?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

maxiefried
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Apr 2021, 6:51 am

Hi! I find work really difficult, and I'm starting a new job in the next few weeks, and change feels quite difficult, especially when it's a change as big as a new workplace.

I thought I'd create a thread where we could check in about how our day or week at work has been. :) Work causes me significant anxiety and I know I'd find it helpful to have somewhere to debrief after work, and I'd be interested to hear how everyone else is doing with their work too, maybe we can get a communal debrief space going.

I'm planning to post here each week to debrief about my week at work, or after individual workdays if I feel like it. Join me! How was your day or week at work?

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2021, 3:45 am

My week was boring and uneventful, but no news is good news, right? I mean, at least nothing bad happened.

browneyedgirlslowingdown
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 May 2021, 9:38 pm

I resigned but my contract goes until June. It was a rough week, I am anxious about the week coming up.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 50 of 200
You are very likely on the broader autism cluster (Aspie)
Systemising Quotient (SQ) 78
Empathy Quotient (EQ) 41

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2021, 11:40 pm

I haven't been to work in over a year :oops:
Basically I told them I was uncomfortable with the lack of masks and social distancing, and they basically gave me the finger.
I've thought about finding something new, but with how sick I've been, I don't know what I could even do.
I really need to get off my butt and apply for disability.

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2021, 12:11 am

I like the idea of this thread, it's good to have somewhere to vent about work stresses.

Though I've nothing to report yet - I go back tomorrow after over a week of leave :)

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 5:00 am

I thought there'd be lots of work piled up waiting for my attention when I got back from leave - but there was hardly enough to fill my first day back.

I actually find slow periods like this really unsettling.
It's much better to have enough to keep me busy, otherwise I start getting paranoid, wondering if nobody's giving me work because they're trying to get rid of me or something.

Can anyone relate, or is that just me?

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 10:21 am

MrsPeel wrote:
I thought there'd be lots of work piled up waiting for my attention when I got back from leave - but there was hardly enough to fill my first day back.

I actually find slow periods like this really unsettling.
It's much better to have enough to keep me busy, otherwise I start getting paranoid, wondering if nobody's giving me work because they're trying to get rid of me or something.

Can anyone relate, or is that just me?

Yeah I know the feeling, though I'd like to add that for me it also brings the fear that people will think I'm lazy if they don't see me hard at work, but if there's no work to do how can I work hard?

Fortunately, while this was a problem in my previous job, I've had my hands full in my current one. The lock down did give me a scare though since my usual tasks can't be done from home, but fortunately there was other stuff that could be done on my home computer, so I didn't have to stop working.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 4:08 pm

Work was stressful last week. I wouldn't be so stressful if we didn't have to disinfect everything on top of our standard duties (thanks to the pandemic everything people touch has to be disinfected every day and it's my job to do that because I am a cleaner). I'm OK with it but the shift just isn't long enough to do everything without rushing, and having 2 rather selfish co-workers working there who slows everyone down just makes it stressful. There's also a guy there who likes being a jerk and finds fault in everything we do even though we do a thorough job.
It used to be a laid-back place to work before all this COVID started.

Have ASD, ADHD and anxiety disorder
Empathy score: 61 out of a possible 80. (High)

Toucan
Toucan

06 May 2021, 11:00 pm

I've had a holiday this week, but last week was ok. Recently I'm doing a lot of CAD, wish I could have some CG-making for a few days, or translations. Having real meetings and actually meeting people are high up on the wishlist too.