Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 6:20 pm

I've always had problems lifting, walking long distances, running, etc... But I go to the general doc today, and after testing my strength and reflexes, he exclaims that I have the abilities of an average person and the nature jobs I want sound like they require people of exceptional physical fitness... But I told him I can't even work at the gas station because it says you have to lift 50lbs and my limit is about 30... But then looking at people who work there, do they like lie about being able to do this?

Anyway I'm getting confused, someone at the mental health place told me I need to stop looking for work, I cant mentally handle it, while others encourage me... I don't know what to do...

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 7:33 pm

I don't have an opinion on what you should do, but I do want to suggest that maybe some volunteer work of a kind that was meaningful to you would be a good step between zero job and a full-time, demanding job.

Ever think about banding birds? Or something else with the Audubon Society?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 7:57 am

I believe you are trying your hardest; don't let people tell you otherwise.

I wish I could buy you a car. A car is probably the most important thing one could have in the absence of public transportation. Especially when it comes to jobs.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2021, 11:23 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I believe you are trying your hardest; don't let people tell you otherwise.

I wish I could buy you a car. A car is probably the most important thing one could have in the absence of public transportation. Especially when it comes to jobs.

Too true. I am stuck driving my wife to and from work twice a day and my workplace is much closer than hers to where we live. Unfortunately, the backlog of driver testing here suggests she won't get her license upgrade for another year.

Pandemic has also screwed up a lot of planning for people who were deemed essential workers. That being said, I have to ask the OP if it possible to find remote work rather than work that requires leaving the home?