How was your day or week at work?

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2021, 3:26 am

Things aren't going so well for me at work.

Just the type of work I have on at the moment is not very good for me - it's all responding to emails relating to various projects but without any real work I can concentrate on for a long period. It clashes with the needs of my autistic brain.

So anyway, on Friday I kind of broke, I couldn't do any work. In the afternoon when I was doing my timesheet the system crashed and I lost everything I'd input and I completely lost it and had a meltdown. It was a really horrible one and I've been feeling off all weekend and not able to do anything much.

I've got a meeting with my boss and my supervisor tomorrow (which I arranged during the rumble stage before my meltdown). I'm thinking to discuss whether there's any way to get a more appropriate balance of work, though I don't really have a good idea how. I suspect it will be fruitless, as the expectation will be for me to be able to handle all aspects of the job.

Valforwing
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Jun 2021, 6:45 pm

I’ve been working in a deli for 9 years. And two of my coworkers keep acting like they don’t know how to speak or understand English. Refuse to answer the phones. Cook food to the proper temperature. They don’t Follow procedures to ensure things are cleaned properly. Have damaged so much equipment because they have decided to not clean it right like scraping all the Teflon off the oven By using a putty knife instead of spraying and wiping the items down. They have been in this department for over 20+ years and have managed to convince management they don’t understand English there for management never seems to hold them accountable for their actions.

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2021, 10:30 pm

Can I vent here?
I'm just so tired of people mucking me around.

I have a small project on to do a simple design of some repair works to a piece of transport infrastructure. Design is to be completed as soon as possible so that construction can be completed before the wet season.

I need a survey to do the design, so I wanted to just engage a local surveyor who could turn it around in a week or two, but no, of course it's not that easy. I'm told that the external surveyor must be engaged through our internal department surveyor who has to send out a brief to make sure the survey complies with departmental standards. Apparently the information required to prepare these briefs is held by the departmental surveyor, preventing anyone from arranging a survey without going through him.

So I ask the internal surveyor what needs to be done to get the survey arranged, and he gets up at me and gives me a loud and condescending lecture about how busy he is and I can't expect surveys to be arranged instantly (this before I'd even mentioned timeframes), and with the tone of - how dare I ask him to arrange a survey?). As if that isn't his job.

So I ask him how long it will take and he says he doesn't know until he looks at the details I sent him - but it will be at least a week before he even has time to look at my message. He won't even give me any kind of estimate of how long I'm going to be waiting for him just to have a look at what I am asking for.

Well, I'd only allowed for July to do the design and have another big project booked in for August. Which would have been fine if I'd been able to go to a local surveyor as I would have been getting the results by the end of June. Now I'm thinking I might have to go to people higher up and say I can't do the design for them as I don't have survey. But that will piss off the higher ups and the internal surveyor both and I'll be the bad guy.

I don't get this. Everyone in the office is waiting on this guy to get their surveys done, it's a huge bottleneck. The people higher up must be aware of it. Why can't they make a process that doesn't all go through the one guy?? Or employ more surveyors? And why do they allow him chew into and belittle anyone who dares ask him to basically do his job?

Sorry, I'm not expecting an answer to that, I was just venting my frustration.

adoylelb90815
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Jun 2021, 2:40 pm

I've been furloughed because of the pandemic, but I got the call today that I'm going back to work on Monday. It's been done gradually as others have been back for a few weeks now. For now, I still have to wear a mask at work, which is something that I'm fine with even though I'm fully vaccinated, I still wear one inside crowded places like grocery stores.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2021, 12:35 am

it was tedious and boring tonight.I wish i did not have to mail checks as part of my job.I just wish i could do it through the computer and not through the snail mail ugh.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2021, 2:04 am

It was great I got promoted to President and CEO of the company.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2021, 11:35 am

Noisy; people were installing new equipment in the room I work in.

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
It was great I got promoted to President and CEO of the company.

Seriously? Congrats!

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2021, 12:57 pm

Thanks buddy.

twobagsplease
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Aug 2021, 6:06 pm

It was really hard this week. I'm a healthcare worker in New Zealand, and this week we went from believing we had no covid in the community to being back in a national lockdown. This has of course been hugely disruptive to my work, and it's been really, really rough. I've got three days off now to recuperate.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2021, 6:58 am

I have to work with the most selfish person on Earth. She drives me insane so much that sometimes I have to shut myself in a cupboard out the way where no-one can hear and scream in exasperation (not scream scream but sort of like a loud groan to relieve all the frustration she causes).

MCPJ
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Sep 2021, 11:33 am

It's so draining, I work in a very busy 5* restaurant and live in work as well, as it is in quite a rural area and I don't drive. The work is split shifts, working 5/7 mornings and again the same evenings, then 3 of the days I work the afternoon as well.

Living in plus split shifts plus a very busy dining room with a lot of stimulation results in burn out, which is how I feel most of the time: burnt out.