Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

lark265
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Oct 2021, 10:30 pm

If you could be godlike and make up your best possible job, what would it be and why? I'm thinking mine would be some sort of tech repair/troubleshooter. This would require a 4-year Tech degree which I didn't get (I'm a Special Education Teacher.) In this fantasy job, I would have extremely minimal interactions with people. Maybe check in with boss every morning for 20 minutes and that's it. Then, at the repair locations, I would get a synopsis of the problem - which I knew about already. And then kind of insist that I work alone "to focus better." I would have pride in being one of the best in my field over time.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 9:13 am

lark265 wrote:
If you could be godlike and make up your best possible job, what would it be and why? I'm thinking mine would be some sort of tech repair/troubleshooter. This would require a 4-year Tech degree which I didn't get (I'm a Special Education Teacher.) In this fantasy job, I would have extremely minimal interactions with people. Maybe check in with boss every morning for 20 minutes and that's it. Then, at the repair locations, I would get a synopsis of the problem - which I knew about already. And then kind of insist that I work alone "to focus better." I would have pride in being one of the best in my field over time.
That is a big part of the job I already have.

My fantasy job is 'Starship Captain'.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 11:37 am

Novelist.

I get paid for writing but it's corporate marketing type stuff. I'd love to get paid for the fiction I write.

lark265
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Oct 2021, 12:01 pm

just keep at it

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 1:16 pm

It would definitely have to be remote work. I don't work well in close quarters with others really. I'm a reasonably good naturalist/identifier/photographer/part-time field biologist, and I would love to be able to cash in on that somehow. Unfortunately, the demand isn't very high here. I also don't really have the stamina for many full-time field jobs (due to my health issues). Furthermore, I worry that bringing money into my passion could spoil it for me.

Just as a note:
I've had a horrible time holding down any job for the past two decades.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2021, 9:04 pm

lark265 wrote:

central banker and owner of every bank and central bank and financial insitution in the world which is good because i would have the sole power to print money in every country in the world and I would control the global financial system.I would also own all the oil and gas and energy assets in the world in my dream job.I would also own lots of real estate like farm and ranch land and hotels/motels.

Last edited by Texasmoneyman300 on 22 Oct 2021, 10:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2021, 9:08 pm

Principal Curator at the Brontë Parsonage Museum, working night shift when it's closed and sleeping there.

:skull:

Dial1194
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Oct 2021, 11:35 pm

I mean, as the saying goes, I don't fantasize about _working_.

TB_TB_TB_TB_TB_TB
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2021, 11:35 am

Fnord wrote:
My fantasy job is 'Starship Captain'.[/color]

@Fnord

Who's your fav Star Trek character?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2021, 11:41 am

TB_TB_TB_TB_TB_TB wrote:
Fnord wrote:
My fantasy job is 'Starship Captain'.[/color]
@Fnord: Who's your fav Star Trek character?
The unnamed Romulan Commander in “Balance of Terror” (ST:TOS, s1, e14), as portrayed by Mark Lenard.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

xxSkull_Princessxx
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Apr 2023, 1:46 am

For me, it would be an animated series creator (or at the very least, an illustrator).

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2023, 2:58 am

It'd probably involve driving a race car.

Or maybe a rally car.

Maybe be like Seb and do both.

Unfortunately if you'd like to make a small fortune in racing, you need to start with a large fortune.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

RandoNLD
Toucan
Toucan

25 Apr 2023, 11:47 pm

Either working in a research lab, with less politics than those I've worked in, or a financially independent farmer. I'd also love being astronaut.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2023, 3:34 am

lark265 wrote:

My fantasy job is Two Term Libertarian Republican President of the United States but dont worry its just my fantasy it wont ever happen.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2023, 11:43 pm

Doc.

Put my brain's capabilities to good use. Apply problem solving skills to problems that have truly valuable solutions - like health, continuation of life etc vs. BS like profits.

It's still technically possible for me to do it in this lifetime, too. I'm 40, not dead.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2023, 11:50 pm

My fantasy job would be in a cosy room sorting out boxes/bags of donations that get sent out to charities and other countries every day. There'd be a friendly group of us doing this, where we all get on and chat, whilst finding something different every day in the donations (which would be interesting). And no pressurising rules from chiefs that are too big for their boots. Just there to sort through as many donations as you can each day, never being lonely but never being bombarded with too many rules or pressure.