How should I respond to this problem with my bosses dog?

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

MuddRM
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 May 2022, 6:54 pm

ironpony wrote:
Oh well the boss has been fined by the health and safety board for other matters but all they do is fine him and he just pays the fine and goes back to doing what he wants.

After this has has happened a few times, I lost faith in the health and safety organization, because they only toss out consequences that an employer can afford to keep paying.

Forget the health department, especially if they don’t respond. Call the local Humane Society and report that this dog is being neglected. Next, contact your department of labor and make a complaint.

Unless the dog is either a therapy dog or an assistance dog (as a guide dog for the blind), said mutt should be left at home.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 6:55 pm

MuddRM wrote:
ironpony wrote:
Oh well the boss has been fined by the health and safety board for other matters but all they do is fine him and he just pays the fine and goes back to doing what he wants.

After this has has happened a few times, I lost faith in the health and safety organization, because they only toss out consequences that an employer can afford to keep paying.

Forget the health department, especially if they don’t respond. Call the local Humane Society and report that this dog is being neglected. Next, contact your department of labor and make a complaint.

Unless the dog is either a therapy dog or an assistance dog (as a guide dog for the blind), said mutt should be left at home.

Okay thank you very much. I will give it a shot. Actually the dog himself is blind, hence why he may not be good at knowing where to go to the bathroom.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2022, 11:14 am

There shouldn't be a dog like that in an office environment, full stop.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2022, 11:22 pm

Well actually it's an office environment and a factory environment. Sometimes I have to work in the factory section. Other workers tried to stop me from operating the machines, because they said the dog could get inside and be harmed. But I told them I have a lot of work to do and said it in a lecturing way, that if the dog gets caught, then it's the boss's problem for bringing the dog here to explore. My co-workers I think thought I was being lecturing about it, but was I outline perhaps?

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2022, 10:28 pm

It's a bit surprising and depressing that a halfwit like this 'boss' should be running a company of any description.