SpaceMartian
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Jun 2022, 6:16 am

Lost_dragon wrote:
Further Update!

He replied!

I have the job! 8O

This has been absolute chaos. I'm definitely jumping ship when I can, but for now I'll learn everything I can from this experience.

I - 8O

Ok, I have to add something to what I said earlier. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT ever let them know about this thread!! At the end of the day you called your new boss a jerk so... Better is WP doen't appear in the office computer, not even in incognito mode. Not saying anything about disclosing ASD or not, that a whole different thing, just saying, don't make this silly mistake of forgetting a page open that can get you into trouble.

Good luck on your quest.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2022, 7:07 am

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
"a cupboard under the stairs"?

how many feet by how many feet?

I've no idea. Personally I struggle with estimating things.

SpaceMartian wrote:

Ok, I have to add something to what I said earlier. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT ever let them know about this thread!! At the end of the day you called your new boss a jerk so... Better is WP doesn't appear in the office computer, not even in incognito mode. Don't make this silly mistake of forgetting a page open that can get you into trouble.

Good luck on your quest.

Of course. That would not reflect well on me. It would perhaps be best to let this thread sink into obscurity. :wink:

That's all folks.

Eurythmic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2022, 12:17 am

At the risk of sounding obvious:

Don't under any circumstances use your work computers or network for private business.

Browsing Wrong Planet, personal shopping, emails, browsing.
Just don't do it.

Go to work.
Do your job and do it well.
Sign off and go home.

Keep your private internet connection and computer use private.

stratozyck
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Jun 2022, 10:09 am

My warning signs are blaring. If you need a job and that's all you can get, then I guess you have to. I don't know your situation.

But one of the fundamental rules of professional workplaces is never to trash anyone, ever. Someone could come in and take a poop on the floor and all management should do is confirm dates of employment when asked about them.

A lot of people are quitting jobs so in itself that isn't a dealbreaker to me. At my last job, I was one of three people who quit in a two weeks span. The management was amazing. They were great people. But raises were 2% and inflation was 8%.