Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Aspieangeldude
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Sep 2022, 4:05 pm

I been working nonstop, 9 hours a week excluding transportation. Come home in the evening, clean 1 room and 1 other chore (taking out trash, laundry etc,) 5 days a week. I’ve been very low on energy. It’s hard for me to do them all, to make meals, do hygiene, and it takes like an hour for me to get out of bed. I barely have any energy to do fun stuff. I’m moving very slowly, feeling down a lot. Am tired of the “same ole same ole” I been stressed out a lot too. I look forward to my drink every night in place of my spiritual stuff. So what I’m trying to say is this raises a red flag for myself and need to get myself help. I’m speaking up now

DaleReynolds
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Sep 2022, 9:40 am

I'm facing exactly the same problem. Every day seems meaningless, as if I live just like that. But thanks to my friends, I'm getting out of depression, maybe you should look for a new relationships!

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2022, 10:34 am

Quote:
look forward to my drink every night in place of my spiritual stuff.

you gotta do yer affirmations

"i can do anything through Christ who strengthens me"
"Im more than a conqueror through Christ"

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2022, 12:01 pm

I have the same problem. Socializing, trying to make everyone happy at work also is a huge problem.

I have recently started doing yoga and meditation, trying to find new things to do.

BreathlessJade
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Oct 2022, 3:37 pm

I can relate a bit. I just left my shift early because aside from a sinus infection, I can't handle that many people.

himmellaufen
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Oct 2022, 8:45 pm

try switching to 12 hour shift, non-ironically. This will give you 1-2 more free days a week, assuming you'll be working the same total number of hours.

also, if you're working monday-friday and only have weekends free, it's understandable to feel burned out. try to arrange your work in such a way you work every other day, and have the other day free. And you don't need to do chores every day.

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2022, 2:17 pm

Was burned out in my job. Got layed off. Now out of work and burned out. Supposed to find a job this way. It is hard.

Canadian Freedom Lover
Raven
Raven

31 Dec 2022, 8:27 pm

Fenn wrote:
Was burned out in my job. Got layed off. Now out of work and burned out. Supposed to find a job this way. It is hard.

I feel exactly the same as you do Fenn, I am off for winter as I am a seasonal worker and even though I am not working for the next 2 months I feel burnt out. I also feel a little depressed at the thought of returning to landscaping for a 3rd and hopefully final season. I have asked a friend if I could do some job shadowing with him doing home inspections for hazardous materials for the next couple of months so I am not without options but I still feel burnt out and sad.