Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2023, 9:16 pm

When you were young what job did you want?

What jobs did you get?

What did your parents want you to do for work?

What was your parents reaction to your job?

What jobs do you want to get in the future?

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2023, 9:31 pm

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:

What jobs did you get?

I wanted to be a sniper and a officer and sniper school instructor in the Marines when I was a kid.I wound up working a McJob for a month and being a oilman with my dad and
also being a church of Christ pastor who is trying to set up a Christian commune.I also wound up as a church planter and missionary
My dad wanted me to be a preacher.My mom wanted me to be a professor with a Ph.D.
My parents are not happy with my job choice because they think the Christian commune that I am starting is not a good idea.My parents are glad that I am working for my dads company.
I want to get a entry-level job at a oil company and to continue to be a business owner and religious leader.I want to be a elder in the church of Christ someday.

Last edited by Texasmoneyman300 on 28 Jan 2023, 10:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2023, 9:34 pm

Quote:

At first I wanted to work in retail so that I can meet different people every day, but when I done voluntary work in retail the noise of tantruming toddlers and the moods of awkward customers made me change my mind, and now I avoid retail.

Quote:
What jobs did you get?

I ended up working as a cleaner at a care home, which wasn't what I wanted to do because I have a crippling phobia of sickness (as in vomiting) and often care homes are notorious for vomiting epidemics. Not safe for an emetophobe at all. But I didn't choose the job, I had to take it because I was unemployed and was desperate.
I work at a coach depot now and it's much more suitable for me.

Quote:

My mum has always wanted me to work in an office but I don't like wearing formal clothes and when you work in an office you seem to have to wear formal clothes.

Quote:

They didn't mind whatever job I was in really, as they were pleased that I was working and earning my own money.

Quote:

I keep wanting to work as a cleaner in a morgue or somewhere where there are dead bodies. I'm not afraid of blood, and I get so fascinated with dead (human) bodies. No, it doesn't mean I'm capable of murdering.