Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2023, 7:47 pm

What kind of examples of underemployed people have you heard of?

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2023, 10:11 pm

Well I have heard of people with bachelor's degrees working at Starbucks as baristas or working at Walmart or McDonald's.I have heard that a lot over the years.

hmk66
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Jun 2023, 10:28 pm

I have a diploma of Executive Secretary (although in my country this is mainly a "female" job), but I do simple printing and copying work. I still want to be an Executive Secretary but my boss always finds an excuse for not letting me advance in that direction.

My boss isn't interested in my skills and capabilities, nor in letting me learn organisation specific knowledge, but blaming me for not advancing. He should know that he (and he previous bosses) diagnosed me with a learning disorder and won't learn me anything. I know he is afraid of me because of my very high intelligence. I will sue the previous bos for making a diagnose (although he is not a doctor or psychiatrist), for slandering, for corruption and for discriminiation.

I have a carreer coach and he rightfully accuses my employer for not examining me, what my skills are. It would have been easier for me to find a job that suits me more than the current job. I don't know much about myself, nor does my boss. It is bloody shame.

RandoNLD
Toucan
Toucan

18 Jun 2023, 3:16 pm

I have never had anything above an entry level position, this is typical of adults born since 1980. We are all being compensated below our skill level, even in economic sectors that are desperate for new workers no matter how impressive the job title is.