Page 4 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2023, 4:58 am

WPTaylor wrote:
I wish there was no humanity.

Well what are you going to do to achieve that wish? Drop the earth into the sun?

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2023, 8:50 pm

Hey Fnord, if we're owed nothing then why is the Ukraine owed anything? Why are we as a nation sending our resources to the Ukraine?

I will say this some people out there in the world are yes men and like to lick as*holes.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2023, 9:45 pm

^ False Analogy.

I am not the Ukraine, and I do not answer for the Ukraine.  Using political situations as Red Herrings is disingenuous.

The "Us" in "The World owes us nothing" is every person who believes (or once believed) that The World owes (or owed) them something, or that The World should change to accommodate them and people like them.

The World will not change just for any one person, because ... it simply is not going to happen, that is why!  The World has been around for over 4.5 billion years, and there are over 8 billion people living on it today.  Suddenly, here they are, demanding that The World be re-made just to make them happy.  Too bad for them that those 8 billion people already like things the way they are, or things would not be the way they are in the first place! Only THEIR lives are about them; the rest of The World is not.  Accept it or reject it -- The World won't change.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2023, 4:42 am

Quote:
False Analogy.

I am not the Ukraine, and I do not answer for the Ukraine.  Using political situations as Red Herrings is disingenuous.

I never said you were the Ukraine nor said you answered for them. The thing is though is this even though I live and work in a different country I still have to pay taxes to the US.

But, Ukraine begs for our aid all of the time including Ukraine's leaders.

Where does that come from? The tax payers.

In other words, some of us who don't believe we owe the Ukraine anything are forced to help fund all of the supplies and aid going to that country through our tax dollars?

Yet, those who want college to be free, those like myself who desire more funding for places like voc rehab and other services for disabled folks to receive more funding so those with disabilities especially mental can be employed and provide themselves a living and those who believe veterans should be provided with more benefits since they did serve their country are owed nothing. We're entitled. And, we're asked how will all of this be paid for?

Why are Ukrainian lives worth more then American lives Fnord? Why are we all owed nothing when those from Ukraine are being given all kinds of resources, food, weapons and ammo? Why are they owed all of this with my hard earned money Fnord yet when I went to seek help I was told by folks like you I was owed nothing or I was given all sorts of run arounds?

So, when I got the opportunity and got a job in China I bounced and took it.

Quote:
The "Us" in "The World owes us nothing" is every person who believes (or once believed) that The World owes (or owed) them something, or that The World should change to accommodate them and people like them.

The World will not change just for any one person, because ... it simply is not going to happen, that is why!  The World has been around for over 4.5 billion years, and there are over 8 billion people living on it today.  Suddenly, here they are, demanding that The World be re-made just to make them happy.  Too bad for them that those 8 billion people already like things the way they are, or things would not be the way they are in the first place! Only THEIR lives are about them; the rest of The World is not.  Accept it or reject it -- The World won't change.[/color
]

You don't believe this applies to yourself so all are equal but some are more equal then others.

And, let's not forget the whole being told to be yourself, be confident, be more positive when I tried to get guidance for years.

Last edited by cubedemon6073 on 03 Jun 2023, 7:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2023, 4:50 am

I believe there are some hypocritical and smug bastards out in this world who believes they're better then everyone else just because they were fortunate enough to pull themselves up by their own bootstraps or really they think they did while others who ask for help and guidance (or when given guidance the guidance is crap) are looked down upon.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2023, 12:03 pm

I'm going to provide my own answers to my questions that others will never admit to. They would say we're envious of the boss's Lamborghini and would say the issue is us. And, that is not true or maybe it is true in a certain way. My answers are two fold. 1. He who owns the gold makes the rules and he who makes the rules gets the gold. 2. The average person lives a banal life and he chooses and is able to choose a life of comfort if he is willing and able to play by the rules of those who own the gold. So, one group of elites rule over people and pass policies that keep enough of the populace and populace banal. Because if you get enough people who are discontented that is when you will see major change and reform.

But, who is the boss though. What system is the USA? In a nut shell, it is Free Enterprise and Competition. In other words, American society is a society that values competition over cooperation and seeking win-win. And, in a competition winners and losers will exist. In other words, you have a few winners who compete better then others and wealth, resources, land, etc gets concentrated into fewer and fewer hands. And, these elites who became the elite because they were better then everyone else at playing the game gets to dictate policy and what our government does including that boss with the Lamborghini.

So, why are certain people owed yet we're not. Because those people competed better then others and it is their ability to compete better that made them the elites. So, because they're the elite they have made policies through their ownership of power to being owed everything and anything they desire. It is power and those who have power that determines who is owed and those who have power competed the best out of the majority of the people. And those who have power and are the elite determined they themselves are owed.

Some will never admit to this truth because they'd have to admit that not everyone can succeed in the USA which goes against the civil religion(Robert Bellah) in which its tenets are considered holy and are never open to question at all(You're considered unAmerican). Others believe in this civil religion wholeheartedly.

Last edited by Cornflake on 04 Jun 2023, 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.: Rephrased some personal digs

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2023, 11:34 am

Fnord wrote:
Lecia_Wynter wrote:
Fnord wrote:
WPTaylor wrote:
. . . I'm totally ret*d socially, and constantly make missteps.  It's like I just can't deal with humanity.  This term about being on the wrong planet couldn't be more accurate.  I wish there was no humanity.  I get nothing out if it.  It has no positives.  No relationships.  It's just stress and no upsides.
Is there anything YOU could do to improve YOUR social skills?
They have autism.  Stop telling them the onus is on them to improve their social skills.
Who else then?  The onus to change is not on "The World".
Lecia_Wynter wrote:
Besides, there is a larger thread here about the big picture of the world. I had an epiphany about humanity a few minutes ago. Bunch of savages, the lot of them.
It is easy to assign blame.  It is much more difficult to apply a valid solution -- but solutions exist, if people are able and willing to put forth the effort.

If the people are not interested in improving themselves, or if it really is impossible for them, then there is The Haven for them to air their grievances.  If the people cannot or will not make the effort to improve their social skills, then why should complaining about "The World" improve their situations, anyway?

Listen! If this person was able to improve their social skills then they would've done so and they would not have written the OP.

Rainbow_Belle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Aug 2023, 3:41 am

The world should accept us for the way we are and learn to deal with our Asperger's/High Funtioning Autism. Being mocked, ridiculed and insulted by others for having a condition that we can not control is an injustice.

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2023, 10:13 am

While we are all caught up in our own drama, truth is most people couldn't give a s**t whether anyone of us is autistic or not.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2023, 9:36 am

rse92 wrote:
While we are all caught up in our own drama, truth is most people couldn't give a s**t whether anyone of us is autistic or not.

I don't think so either.