Do we have issues with job questionarres?

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2010, 7:09 pm

I was curious if perhaps this is an Aspie thing. I answer honestly. example Do you think your life is where you want it to be? Me:No (I'M HONEST COME ON!! !! !! !! !! !) Also How would I react if "Joe" said X to "Julie" (choose random answer that sounds good) I don't KNOW how I'd react in that situation since I'VE NEVER BEEN IN THAT SITUATION SHEESH!! !! !! !! !! !! I HATE QUESTIONNAIRES!! !! !!

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2010, 7:45 pm

There are career places that can help you practice and get jobs.

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2010, 7:54 pm

I know. :-) I mention this to my job coach and she said she'd help me I got done alot quicker than the other guy with the application since I guess on those things she said she had a practice sheet LOL! So I'll work on it with her. :-)

spacemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2010, 8:54 pm

I'm not sure where I found this, may have been here.
I hate these tests. Honest doesn't work for me either.

Assessments

# Daniel Says:
July 11, 2008 at 11:05 pm

Ok this is a list of 99 questions. I score 100% with these answers. All answers are Strongly Agree (SA) or Strongly Disagree (SD)

1.You love to be with People.
SA
2. You like to plan things before you do them.
SA
3. You are proud of the work you do at school or on a job.
SA
4.You think of yourself as being very sensible
SA
5.You are more relaxed than strict about finishing things on time
SD
6.You change from felling happy to sad without any reason
SD
7.When you need to, you take it easy at work
SD
8.You like to talk a lot
SA
9.You don’t worry about making a good impression
SD
10.You would rather not get involved in other people’s problems
SD
11.You say whatever is on your mind
SD
12.You get angry more often that nervous
SD
13.You have confidence in yourself
SA
14.There are some people you really can’t stand
SD
15.People do a lot of things that make you angry
SD
16.You like to be in the middle of a big crowd
SA
17.Right now, you care more about having fun than being serious at school or work
SD
18.It bothers you a long time when someone is unfair to you
SD
19.You agree with people more often than you argue
SA
20.When people make mistakes, you correct them
SD
21.You swear when you argue
SD
22.People who talk all the time are annoying
SD
23.There’s no use having close friends; they always let you down
SD
24.It bothers you when you have to obey a lot of rules
SD
25.You have no big worries
SA
26.You work best at a slow but steady speed
SA
27.You love to listen to people talk about themselves
SA
28.Many people cannot be trusted
SD
29.You do some things that upset people
SD
30.You have no big regrets about your past
SA
31.You were absent very few days from high school
SA
32.It is fun to go to events with big crowds
SA
33.Your stuff is often kind of messy
SD
34.You’d rather not compete very much
SD
35.You do not fake being polite
SA
36.You have always had good behavior in school or work
SA
37.You don’t care if you offend people
SD
38.You are not interested in your friends’ problems
SD
39.You always try not to hurt people’s feelings
SA
40.You are a fairly private person
SD
41.When you are annoyed with something, you say so
SD
42.Your friends and family approve of the things you do
SA
43.You have to give up on some things that you start
SD
44.You avoid arguments as much as possible
SA
45.People do a lot of annoying things
SD
46.It is maddening when the court lets guilty criminals go free
SA
47.You hate to give up if you can’t solve a hard problem
SA
48.You know when someone is in a bad mood, even if they don’t show it
SA
49.You can wait patiently for a long time
SA
50.You are unsure of what to say when you meet someone
SD
51.You like to take frequent breaks when working on something difficult
SD
52.You finish your work no matter what
SA
53.You look back and feel bad about things you’ve done
SD
54.You ignore people you don’t like
SD
55.You don’t believe a lot of what people say
SD
56.You keep calm when under stress
SA
57.You got mostly good grades in high school
SA
58.You don’t act polite when you don’t want to
SD
59.You show it when you are in a bad mood
SD
60.You ignore people’s small mistakes
SA
61.Your moods are steady from day to day
SA
62.When your friends need help, they call you first
SA
63.You don’t care what people think of you
SD
64.When you go someplace, you are never late
SA
65.You get mad at yourself when you make mistakes
SD
66.You are always cheerful
SA
67.You make more sensible choices than careless ones
SA
68.You are unsure of yourself with new people
SD
69.You give direct criticism when you need to
SA
70.You are careful not to offend people
SA
71.You could describe yourself as ‘tidy’
SA
72.You like to be alone
SD
73.When someone treats you badly, you ignore it
SA
74.You chat with people you don’t know
SA
75.Other people’s feelings are their own business
SD
76.Slow people make you impatient
SD
77.You would rather work on a team than by yourself
SA
78.It is easy for you to feel what others are feeling
SA
79.People are often mean to you
SD
80.You do not like small talk
SD
81.You’ve done your share of troublemaking
SD
82.Any trouble you have is your own fault
SA
83.You are a friendly person
SA
84.You do what you want, no matter what others think
SD
85.It is hard to really care about work when the job is boring
SD
86.You have friends, but don’t like them to be too close
SD
87.When you are done with your work, you look for more to do
SA
88.You criticize people when they deserve it
SD
89.You sometimes thought seriously about quitting highschool
SD
90.You do not like to meet new people
SD
91.You are not afraid to tell someone off
SD
92.You try to sense what others are thinking and feeling
SA
93.you don’t work hard because it doesn’t pay off anyway
SD
94.You do things carefully so you don’t make mistakes
SA
95.You could not deal with difficult people all day
SD
96.You do not like to take orders
SD
97.You rarely act without thinking
SA
98.People’s feelings are sometimes hurt by what you say
SD
99.You are somewhat a of a thrill-seeker
SA

Jaydog1212
Toucan
Toucan

20 Jan 2010, 12:46 am

Those unicru questions are old. I applied to Costco during the holiday season and their unicru questions were different. I don't think all of them were in the same format as SD SA.

Which of the following actions would you be MOST LIKELY to take (select one): A B C D

Which of the following actions would you be LEAST LIKELY to take (select one): A B C D

a. Follow your supervisor's instructions and assemble the furniture the way that you were instructed to
b. Assemble the furniture the way you believe is correct, without telling your supervisor
c. Tell your supervisor that the way they told you to assemble the furniture is wrong
d. Assemble the furniture the way you believe is correct and then tell your supervisor you did it differently from the way they told you to do it
Your supervisor tells you and a co-worker to work together to unpack and display a large crate of merchandise as quickly as possible. Your co-worker is working at a much slower pace than you and doesn't seem interested in getting the job done quickly.

Which of the following actions would you be MOST LIKELY to take (select one): A B C D
Which of the following actions would you be LEAST LIKELY to take (select one): A B C D
a. Explain to your co-worker that both of you need to do your fair share of the work
b. Speak to your supervisor about your co-worker's attitude
c. Do the best you can on your own, and if the work is not done in time let the supervisor know why
d. Tell the co-worker that if they don't start working harder you may be forced to take the matter up with your supervisor

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2010, 1:54 am

Jaydog1212 wrote:
Those unicru questions are old. I applied to Costco during the holiday season and their unicru questions were different. I don't think all of them were in the same format as SD SA.

a. Follow your supervisor's instructions and assemble the furniture the way that you were instructed to
b. Assemble the furniture the way you believe is correct, without telling your supervisor
c. Tell your supervisor that the way they told you to assemble the furniture is wrong
d. Assemble the furniture the way you believe is correct and then tell your supervisor you did it differently from the way they told you to do it
Your supervisor tells you and a co-worker to work together to unpack and display a large crate of merchandise as quickly as possible. Your co-worker is working at a much slower pace than you and doesn't seem interested in getting the job done quickly.

a. Explain to your co-worker that both of you need to do your fair share of the work
b. Speak to your supervisor about your co-worker's attitude
c. Do the best you can on your own, and if the work is not done in time let the supervisor know why
d. Tell the co-worker that if they don't start working harder you may be forced to take the matter up with your supervisor

Can you tell me the correct answers? I would guess:

1. most: c
least: d

2. most: c
least: a

These are my honest answers. I'm not really sure which are the "correct" ones though either.

Jaydog1212
Toucan
Toucan

20 Jan 2010, 3:37 pm

I honestly don't know the "correct" answer. I wasn't hired. :lol:
I told them on the app I would do anything and work any times. I have some work history so maybe my app was thrown out because of unicru.

I hate these tests because I would take several courses of action...not just 1 concrete action.

Like with the assembling furniture, I would tell my supervisor that I' "think" (even if I "know"... I don't like to cause waves) that the furniture is going to be assembled incorrectly because of _____. If the supervisor says OK, I see your point. Then that's the end of the story. If the supervisor says, "No...My way is correct". I would say "OK"...assemble it incorrectly and he can take the heat if his superior finds out that it was damaged.

For the slow co-worker question, I would make some comment like "At this pace, I don't know if we can get this done on time. We (trying not to cause waves) need to pick up the pace". If they still don't pick up the pace and the supervisor finds that we didn't complete the task on time, I would come to the supervisor (one on one) and explain the situation. It's not my job to "supervise" my co-worker. If this co-workers behavior continued (maybe after they were talked to), I would probably mention it to my supervisor before the deadline so they could intervene.

alana
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2010, 5:41 pm

those questionaire's seem to be aimed at seeing who is the best liar. I worked at Sam's mart once and they said that to get the job either answer 'strongly agree' or 'strongly disagree'. I just proves most of society is based on lies and completely full of s**t. They always ask 'do you think pot is worse than alcohol?' the correct answer is strongly agree but I always answer 'no' because that's not how I feel. So basically they end up with alot of liars working for them.

bigdave
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Apr 2010, 11:48 pm

I hate that if you don't answer the questions right you're app doesn't even get sent to the stores. I went into Sport's Authority a few weeks ago to get a job application. They told me they do it online and a manager was standing there so I talked to him for a few minutes. Introduced myself to him, told him some of my experience I thought could be useful working at Sport's Authority, and gave him a copy of my resume. He told me that when I answer the questions to think of being on a team and that if you don't answer the questions right they don't get your app. I'm not sure if it was my spotty job history, my felony or that I answered the questions wrong but I never got a call for an interview.

Kurisutiin_Suwein
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Apr 2010, 10:43 am

I have issues with multiple-choice questionnaires pretty much regardless of context. Half the time the correct answer doesn't seem to be included and the other half of the time the questions are so blatantly leading that I feel like throwing the questionnaire in the bin because it is obvious that anybody who doesn't want to be treated likewise will give a specific answer.

Basically the job questionnaires I've seem to be a sort of social filtering tool rather than a tool of any use for deciding who will perform the role in the company best.

Quartz11
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2010, 11:27 am

I once had a job at a retailer chain - not even in the store but in their distribution center. It was nothing more than physical labor.

I had already worked at this place three different times, on breaks from college. I tried to get in a fourth time, and they had switched to Unicru. Required everyone to take it. Of course, I don't pass it - so now they won't take me back.

Like you know, if I wasn't good enough before to take me back along twice before?

bigdave
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Apr 2010, 12:43 pm

I went into Sports Authority about a month ago to apply for a job. One of the managers happened to be standing near the entrance so I walked up and started to talk to him. He told me that the app is online but you have to do the unicru questionnaire. He told me that you have to answer the questions and be thinking of being on a team and that if you answer them wrong they wont call you or anything. He told me that with my experience they would hire me right away. I went home and did the app and called the store a few days maybe a week later and they told me I dint answer the questions right.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2010, 10:31 pm

zeldapsychology wrote:
I was curious if perhaps this is an Aspie thing. I answer honestly. example Do you think your life is where you want it to be? Me:No (I'M HONEST COME ON!! !! !! !! !! !) Also How would I react if "Joe" said X to "Julie" (choose random answer that sounds good) I don't KNOW how I'd react in that situation since I'VE NEVER BEEN IN THAT SITUATION SHEESH!! !! !! !! !! !! I HATE QUESTIONNAIRES!! !! !!

I was just complaining about these things today, as most of my answers to the questions would fall into the category of "it depends" which is never an option.

I've concluded that apparently they want to hire lying, thieving, sociopaths.

riverspark
Toucan
Toucan

03 May 2010, 9:28 pm

I took one of those tests a long time ago, and of course the people never called me back. After much thought about the matter, I have decided that the tests are a great tool for *me* to weed out *prospective employers*, as opposed to the other way around. If by some miracle I were ever to pass one of those tests and get a job, I would not last very long at it. It would be a waste of my time and the employer's, plus any little bit of money I made would be offset by the damage done to my shakily-in-the-process-of-being-repaired-as-the months-go-by work history.