Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Prksrbrt
Raven
Raven

21 Jul 2010, 3:00 am

I have an irrational fear of time. Like if I have to be somewhere and it's 15 mins away I usually leave like an hour or more beforehand because I begin to get so anxious i can't think of anything but how stuff may cause me to be delayed. Or when I have someone coming over I get super anxious that I prepare for their arrival hours beforehand. Also when my work's closing time was 10p i would leave work at 10:45p and have to be back at work around 6a, i absolutely could not sleep because i was so anxious. My GF is starting to develop the same problem, she has AS too, and I hope that it doesn't end up tormenting her as much. It's pretty much a constant problem except days where I have absolutely nothing planned. Does anyone else experience this problem?

Angel_ryan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2010, 4:35 am

Yeah I've had this from time to time, I find being in a relaxed environment with people who aren't condescending and easy going can tends to melt some of my time related anxieties away. I'm not good with fast pace work environments, sometimes people have to tell me to chill.

skybluepink
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Jul 2010, 6:56 am

I'm the same but it can be useful for working to deadlines as long as you can keep it under control. As long as you don't tell anyone you got the job finished with hours or days to spare - then they think you're weird. I hate having anything coming up that I haven't prepared for - it ruins my day.