Page 3 of 7 [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

ljbouchard
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2005, 10:51 am

A cross between a self-employed software engineer and a school bus driver.

Self-employment is not too bad except I have to be a book keeper too

"Only when all those who surround you are different, do you truly belong."
---------------------------------------------------
Fred Tate Little Man Tate

meox
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Apr 2005, 4:28 am

Hi everyone. I'm currently in the US military, and have been for 2 years now. :)

JustineMarie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Apr 2005, 7:23 pm

I am currently a paper girl, with the aspiration to become a History professor. I may also profess in one of the sciences as well...which one, I don't know yet, but I am finding physics oddly interesting. I am a bit worried about becoming a professor though...I want to do it because I love to learn and teach people new things, but I have difficulty explaining things to other people...just the thought of explaining something gives me slight anxiety...And the fact that I speak too fast....

yealc
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2005, 4:09 pm

I work as a project coordinator in health insurance. After 15+ years of trying to decide what to do I found that I am a natural at project management. I love this discipline because it is analitical the issue is it is involves a lot of people time but I am good at that if I concentrate on the rules of business. The issue is that all the time spent interacting with people during the day wears me out and I can be a b***h at home. :wink:

"I never could get the hang of Thursdays"

RobertN
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2005, 4:17 pm

Don't have one. Currently in receipt of Incapacity Benefit.

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2005, 12:35 am

I am currently unemployed. In the past I've had some really terrible jobs: flipping burgers at Jack in the Box and folding clothes at Sears. I detested both of them. I tried doing freelance Web design and development this summer but had no success getting clients. I am rather lacking in social connections, unfortunately. I tried applying at a bunch of other unskilled s**t jobs too in June and almost got a Web development job, but I ended up getting the run-around.

Anything that relies on interactions with other people is a weakness for me. By that I mean finding a job (because it's easiest with existing social connections), getting a girlfriend, making friends, and any of that.

msitua
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Aug 2005, 9:36 am

nitraine wrote:
I run a video security company. Our current research in visual object recognition is my extreme interest.

I was a full-time computer engineer for two years and saved up to start a company.

My interest was not being integrated into my work projects so I resigned.

Wow, so you can combine interest and work.
I became happy when I read your post.

How do you handle contact with clients?

fahreeq
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2005, 7:33 pm

I am a software developer. I like the work that I do, but the office environment drives me up the wall sometimes. 8O

Darwin165
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Oct 2005, 1:09 pm

I am a physicist, who does research in experimental and theoretical optics.

Codenothing
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Nov 2005, 2:02 am

I held many many crap jobs growing up. Worked as a technical assistant. a shoe salesman. A drink vendor. A ride operator. A theme park monster (well actualy that job was fun except for i was of course completely un-social with all my co-workers :D ) worked sweeping movie theatrs, and as a box thrower at UPS.

Those jobs were hell. I could not focus on them at all. My obsession as an Aspie is art, so you can see how taking inventory on running shoes put me to sleep in about 2 seconds every day.

Luckly i now have a career doing my little obsession that is art and I look forward to work everyday. :D
I work as a concept artist for a video game company right now but i plan to move on to freelance and movies soon.

Ive found working with people at work to be extreamly hard to do. Anyone who wants to talk about something other than the game or the artwork in it i cant seem to concentrate on what they are saying untill they stop talking and I realise its my turn to speak. Gets me into very awkward moments. :?

HarryofSheringham
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Nov 2005, 5:49 am

I work in a bookshop currently but hopefully not for too long

neongrl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2005, 9:41 am

I work in a group home taking care of mentally (and some physically) challenged adults. Many different dx's and medical conditions, a few are autistic.

Muddie
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Nov 2005, 1:02 pm

I am a landscape designer. It is sometimes hard because there are client interactions, but at those times I am in a role I am comfortable with--The Expert! Day to day mangement of a business is also hard for me. I don't have any employees which simplifies matters.

I have also worked with varying sucess and satisfaction at a landscape architecture firm, several genetics resarch labs, plant nurseries, and even a short-term job doing laundry on a ship. I lasted 7 days selling clothes at a department store. I hated it. I found retail was so unsuited for an Aspie and it's unfortunate that those are the most aboundant jobs out there.

mjs82
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2005, 12:11 am

I am currently a filmmaker and six months shy on completing my civil engineering degree. Although, I have worked in the telecommunications industry for 2 years for Australia's main provider and in the petroleum/oil industry for 2 years prior to that. I seem to get advanced quite quickly for some reason that eludes me. Although, I am only 22.

quietangel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Nov 2005, 11:45 am

I am in the U.S. Millitary and have been for 18 years... I have absolutely no idea what I am going to do when I retire...
It was interesting to see quite a few who have a varied job employment history.. It reminds me of my varied interests over the past several years..

06xrs
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Nov 2005, 7:08 am

I'm a biomedical equipment technician, currently repairing lab equipment. If you've ever seen it in a hospital, I've probably worked on it.

Next job will hopefully be writer. I'm currently working on a novel (fingers crossed).