Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Anicho
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Feb 2011, 8:52 am

Do you regret not becomming a doctor or something? Getting more money? Tell me everything :D

vileseagulls
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Feb 2011, 4:50 pm

I studied physics but wasn't able to find work in the field. I ended up a business analyst, and would have been happier having done a more useful-in-the-real-world degree.

DeusMechanicus
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Feb 2011, 1:17 pm

Yes. I am now studying for a Biochemistry degree, after which, I might become a electrician or an ironmonger.

jackbus01
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2011, 5:13 am

DeusMechanicus wrote:
Yes. I am now studying for a Biochemistry degree, after which, I might become a electrician or an ironmonger.

You can't be serious. Why would you intentionally finish a biochem degree and than become a electrician or an ironmonger. Something doesn't make sense about your career choices.

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2011, 5:34 am

^ I suspect it's a joke that after putting in all the effort for a physics degree and then not being able to find work, that one starts not to be too sure that the result of huge amounts of effort are necessarily going to work out as expected.

kostopsykologi
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Mar 2011, 9:26 am

At one time, Finland - where I live - had a policy of training as many engineers as it could. Especially in paper plant & process engineering. Now the arse has fallen out of the Finnish paper industry, this country has a surfeit of engineers with no jobs to go to.

Way to go planning the labour market, Finland!