How I currently see my career situation

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

SPKx
Toucan
Toucan

30 Apr 2011, 12:33 pm

I have been finished school for just about a year now. It's been quite a challenge finding work, since I'd like to have a job that I am happy with, rather than having a job for the sake of having a job.

My plan right now is to keep doing my volunteer work (which includes quite a few administrative shifts) until I have enough experience to be hired on as a staff member. I also plan on applying to the Ontario Disability Support Program to receive income supports. I previously applied in 2004 and was denied. However, I was not yet diagnosed with AS back then and I feel that I should have a better shot this time.

Another plan I had was to find part-time work, but after an absolutely terrible (and degrading) interview experience a month or so ago, I have vowed never to apply for those types of jobs again.

AllieKat
Toucan
Toucan

30 Apr 2011, 12:37 pm

I hear you! I also am considering doing some volunteer work right now as I'm in the process of trying to change careers and need some guidance deciding which certificate program would be right for me. I don't want to waste a lot of time in school studying for a job that I'm not suited for as I made that mistake in the past.

Allie Kat.
http://www.myaspergerslifestory.com/index.html