Not Incapable, I just *want* to live with my parent's

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Jet102fm
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 May 2011, 5:26 pm

until I'm 30..Is there something wrong with that?

Also, I don't think I want to be caught dead with a driver's permit until I am roughly 25.

Does anyone agree with me?

Narocos300
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 May 2011, 5:55 pm

What about the sense of accomplishment that you get with Aquiring your P Plates for the first Time.

Its great and its a great feeling being able to nip down to the store and get a Loaf of Bread or a Pint of Milk for your mum and dad or House mates.

My sister doesn't have hers but thats a different matter.

Try and if you don't suceed try and try again!

Subotai
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2011, 7:43 pm

.......why?

LostInEmulation
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 7:50 am

I personally do understand the sentiment. I sometimes do struggle to get things done on my own. However, it also depends on the parents. Can you get along with them sufficiently well. Also, if you get a job too far away, you do have to move out.

About the driving: I am 28 and do not drive. It depends on where you live whether it makes sense.

Penguins cannot fly because what cannot fly cannot crash!

Ilka
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 11:15 am

I imagine you should have a lovely family. I left my parent's house at 23 because I could not stand them anymore. Everybody is different. Just take into consideration that being independent is something you have to learn (just like everything else). And it takes some time. If you wait 'til your 30s to start learning to live on your own, probably you would not be ready to start a family 'til your 40s. I think that's a lot. But maybe you are just too young. When you are young you make a lot of plans. I also planned I was going to marry in my 30s, and ended up marrying at 23 (just a couple of months after I left my parent's house).