good news--progress for me in volunteering and finding work

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Frieslander
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2011, 4:23 pm

I started back volunteering at the local zoo this past Monday. It went very well--better than previous times I worked there (less anxiety, more more focus/less ADD). (I not only likely have AS, but also have OCD, schizoaffective disorder, and ADD... and the fact is I feel so much better now and am gaining momentum!)

I went to the Grand Rapids Urban League today for help finding a job. They help match prospective employees that have difficulties of sorts with local employers. I visited their website earlier, which mostly shows African Americans and other minorities, but I was told they help all races (I am Caucasian). And, when I arrived I saw a poster on the wall for "empowering Black America"). But I felt welcomed there, and saw one White guy working there.

And I finished applications, cover letter, and resume, and my online application at a place called Gordon Food Service (common throughout this part of the U.S. but I don't know about the rest of the U.S.). Stopped by the GFS Marketplace, and the person who is in charge of hiring was not there, but the assistant manager on duty said he would have her call me tomorrow.

I not only likely have AS, but also have OCD, schizoaffective disorder, and ADD... and the fact is I feel so much better now and am gaining momentum!