Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

HT
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Jan 2012, 5:31 pm

Can doing so many tasks at once w/ my Aspie brain and the anxiety that comes w/ it affect my brain. In a bad way. It sure stresses me out enough and causes severe back pain. I'm currently receptionist for a construction company, a sewer company, a rental company and an insurance company. All within the same building. As well as greeter for all of these. I sit at the front desk in the front office so everyone that comes through the door sees ME! I had one of my anxiety attacks, which I kept to myself, when 3 tenants came in to pay rent at the same time by employer handed me a stack of folders with tasks to do to go along w/ the ones he had already given me. I just feel like its worth it sometimes. Is it just me?

jmagda
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 Jan 2012, 6:22 pm

I totally know where you're coming from. I used to work as a front desk receptionist for a university department, and developed quite a few ailments during my 4 years there. I had weird quasi-panic attacks where it felt like I couldn't breathe or catch my breath, severe back pain, and eventually had really bad digestive problems that took 2 years to get over. However, I stayed at that job because my coworkers actually liked me and I found them easy to get along and deal with on a daily basis. Now I work part time as an assistant for an independent jewelry designer, and don't have any of those issues so far. Sometimes latent stress can make these weird health problems just appear out of nowhere.

HT
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Jan 2012, 11:42 am

Thanks for the reply. Good to know it's not just me being irrational. My back is always in knots. I see the chiro weekly...do yoga and Pilates all to try and manage the stress just so I can survive. Doesn't always help though. I go to bed most nights after my workout b/c the pain/ache is so bad. I'm 36 and feel much older most times. I'm looking for another job just difficult in the small southern town I live in. I've been at this job almost 8 years and have stayed this long mainly b/c I don't think I can do anything else and change for me is VERY difficult. Change = Anxiety. I've gotten into the same ole same ole of it b/c it is comfortable and I just don't seem to be able to step out there and accomplish anything else.