Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Are you in a job that you enjoy?
I like my job 28%  28%  [ 17 ]
My job is ok - just about bearable - i can stick it out without leaving 33%  33%  [ 20 ]
I am in work but hate it and will leave at any given opportunity 11%  11%  [ 7 ]
I am unemployed but like it that way 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
I am unemployed but would love to find work 23%  23%  [ 14 ]
Total votes : 61

zak1900
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Sep 2012, 3:21 am

Just a quick survey to see how many people like their jobs or not. Know there are a lot of aspies that struggle to find work so was wondering if there are many out there that like their jobs or find their jobs ok or is it all bad.

periphery
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Sep 2012, 8:06 am

I chose ''I like my job''. That's not to say that its perfect, and some days I still struggle a lot. However it's far better than some other jobs I had, where the thought of going in filled me with an absolute sense of dread. I think doing something that you like and are to a degree good at is particularly important. Of equal importance is the people. In my old job I was doing administration work. While I didn't mind the job so much because it was relatively easy for me and I could do it quite quickly (compared to others in the same role) the people made it awful. I was there for 5 years and I was covertly bullied for about 4 years of that. What I mean by that is the bullying was subtle enough to not be obvious or warrant a complaint, but it was still definitely there, and it still made me feel bad.

mljt
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Sep 2012, 10:40 am

I love my jobs!

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2012, 11:37 am

Yes, I like my job. I am still doing some menial tasks that I could live without, but I have been told that they have plans for me.

Sorry for this terrible joke, by the way.

perpetualconfusion
Raven
Raven

24 Sep 2012, 9:18 pm

I answered in the "it's OK-can stand it for now" column. It is almost never the work itself that is troublesome; in fact, it almost never is. I can work all day...... But the "people" problem :roll: Ugh.... demanding Supervisors, whining co-workers . It gets old...... But I am thankful that I have a job and I know I just have to "grin and bear it" as they say.

So I can't complain (no one would listen anyway, amirite?) about the job.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2012, 10:12 am

It's up and down but right now I absolutely, positively love my job. I have my space, my own office and a Aspie-like boss that "gets" me. Of course, in two years time that might change but right now things are great!

ADoyle90815
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Sep 2012, 10:45 pm

I'm unemployed at the moment, and I'm looking for another job. I did like my old job somewhat, but it was basically a dead-end job and before I was finally laid off, I didn't get as many hours as I would have preferred.

Catamount
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2012, 2:38 am

Digging my new job very much. After 21 years with the same employer, I decided this was the year for a big change. I really feel like the master of my own destiny much more than I have in quite some time.

TheTigress
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Sep 2012, 2:27 pm

I consider myself self-employed since I'm making money with art commissions on and off the internet. I greatly enjoy being my own boss and making my own schedules, and no longer having to deal with sh***y customers. Prior to this I was working at the evil fast food chain known as Subway for nearly 6 years. How I lasted that long, I have no idea, but it sure wasn't easy. The customers were vile, the management was corrupt, and the food was terrible. Just to let everyone know, there's nothing "fresh" or "low fat" about Subway food.

kensa
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Sep 2012, 3:14 pm

I chose the 2nd variant but I can also say I like my job. The truth is I would prefer to have no job if I had some money to live a normal (not luxurious) life. I'm self-employed and can choose my own schedule. Can't imagine myself in the office again. I worked for two companies during 6 years and conditions were perfect, but it's just not for me. I can't start my day at 9 am saying 'hello' to 5 or more people in the department.

limping2victory
Raven
Raven

01 Oct 2012, 7:49 am

Like most jobs, it has its good and bad points, but working full time at it is extremely stressfull. I can't afford to have any other lingering stressors or I start to crumble a bit. Ideally, I'd work only part time but I can't afford to work only part time. I'd have to have all my bills paid off, my car paid off and live at home. Or win the lottery. I buy tickets on occasion and hope.

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2012, 7:11 pm

I need a job.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2012, 2:21 pm

It's a struggle for me to go into work anymore, but I can't afford to leave right now. It's a noisy, fast paced customer oriented environment but normally I can deal. They won't transfer me to a different area, and they are cutting back on staffing so there are less people to cushion the chaos. I end up feeling shaky and shell shocked the rest of the day, and just can't concentrate. Hopefully they will bring in more people, or a more fitting job opportunity will present itself. :(

johnners
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Oct 2012, 10:15 pm

I selected "I like my job". I was fired from my last job at the start of the year, and spent six months in hell, never thought I'd ever work again. But a voluntary position came along, working with digital audio and video in the public sector, and the upshot was, after 3 months, I was offered the job. Yes, it has good and bad days, and when I muck up I am mortified, but it just proves that it can happen, you can find a job that suits you.