Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

RepoJames
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Dec 2012, 10:21 am

Hey, firstly let me introdce myself.. My name is james and I suffer from aspergers syndrome.

I really want to get a job but the anxiety Is too extreme to get one. I'm always self concious about my apperance and I cant seem to manage much In the real world :(

I find It much easier to lock myself away from the world. :( It Is really starting to take over my whole life because I cant do anything.

Do any of you have any suggestions?

Thanks

-James.

sacrip
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2012, 11:02 am

It seems pretty unfair that the jobs out there that you can get without any prerequisite education or experience tend to be the ones that are the most stressful to us; the ones that require customer service skills, quick learning of physical tasks and good time management. And learning all these things on your own is like trying to learn Chinese by walking around the Hong Kong fruit market till you know enough to order 2 heads of lettuce and a dozen apples. Possible, but it'll take a while and you'll get yelled at a lot before you're done. If there's an ASA office near you, call them and ask if they know about job training or job skills workshops, or call social services and ask the same thing. Sometimes, you just have to ask for help.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2012, 12:36 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

If you have transportation, good jobs for Aspies can often be found in Industrial Parks.