Page 4 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Quest_techie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Jan 2007, 5:06 pm

Unknown wrote:
ascan wrote:
This thread's hilarious. Don't kids deliver newspapers these days?

How teh f**k is it hillarious???

You wish,they don't do it as much anymore cuz teh paperroutes are in teh morning...

I had a paper route, woke up at 12:30 am every morning for five months to go out in the cold and throw 230 newspapers

I got a shiny socket am2 pc out of it, only thing I need to upgrade to be able to run oblivion max settings is my graphics card <I skimped on it because I wanted my computer asap, I've regretted it since>

TennisFanatic
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Jan 2007, 7:46 pm

Corvus wrote:
I'm sure you already can realize that life sucks ass

It can sometimes... but WHAT ARE YOU DOING -- Making it EVEN WORSE?!? :roll:

Corvus wrote:
Bums outside go around to dumpsters and find cans and bottles which they take down to the recycling center and get money.

A.} PSOT is NO bum!! He's COOLER than YOU think!! 8)

B.} At 10 cents a recycled bottle, PSOT would have to drink about 1,660 six packs in order to buy a $1,000 PC!!

PSOT wrote:
I DON'T DO DRUGS,I GAME AND I NEED TO HAVE A BETTER GAMING EXPERINCE.

I happen to like PSOT -- he's got a winning additude! ! :twisted:

If he gets a part-time job at say Arby's, he will only have to work for a few months (after taxes) to come up with enough money...

Sooner than YOU think, PSOT will be setting up his new "gaming box"! !

PLEASE think before you post, bros!!

Corvus
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2007, 8:53 pm

Unknown wrote:
Corvus wrote:
You could do that but instead of buying cocaine, buy a computer

I DON'T DO DRUGS,I GAME AND I NEED TO HAVE A BETTER GAMING EXPERINCE.

lol nice, said with passion, right on. Just break into the store and steal one! Up the corporate man's ass!

Rock N'Roll brother!

P.S. don't actually do that. Brought to you you by the letter '&'

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2007, 8:54 pm

1.Err...thanks.

2.1660 six packs,not woth teh time and hassle.

3.Teh PC is gonna be about $1500ish,to be precise.

4.I like you too!! !! !

5.Could you please call me GOD OF PSOT next time???

TennisFanatic
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Jan 2007, 12:51 am

GOD OF PSOT wrote:
I like you too!! !! !

** TennisFanatic falls asleep & dreams of when MTV was once cool, back in the 1990's...
His dream is suddenly interrupted by GOD OF PSOT's voice, waking TennisFanatic up... **

Sorry about that... I've NOW broken teh habit.... :lol:

Hey, that's what friends ARE FOR!! I can NEVER have "enough" friends!! :wink:

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2007, 3:49 am

In the words of Eric Cartman, na na na na na na, ha ha ha ha ha ha. :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2007, 12:20 pm

ahayes wrote:
In the words of Eric Cartman, na na na na na na, ha ha ha ha ha ha. :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

IF you ain't gonna help,THEN LEAVE!! !! !

Corvus
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2007, 12:26 pm

When I was your age, I spent most my time spaced out.

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2007, 1:14 pm

Unknown wrote:
ahayes wrote:

IF you ain't gonna help,THEN LEAVE!! !! !

Does this sound right? That's what the contraction 'ain't' translates into.
>>IF you am not gonna help, THEN LEAVE!! !! !

TennisFanatic
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Jan 2007, 2:29 pm

ahayes wrote:

** Dispatches "teh soldiers of PSOT" and sounds "teh air raid sirens" ** :lol:

andy1976uk
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2007, 1:31 am

ascan wrote:
This thread's hilarious. Don't kids deliver newspapers these days?

ascan you dirty F*ING TROLL, why don't you just get off this site, everyone hates you! :x

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2007, 4:44 pm

Last bump.

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2007, 11:59 pm

I f*****g GIVE UP!! !! !! !! !! ! THERE YOU HAPPY GOD????? YOU f*****g COCKSUCKER!! !! !

mumstheword
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Jan 2007, 4:27 pm

Hey Unknown, I just got online to see how things were going for you today? Doesn't look like there's been much improvement. I was thinking about you last night, you seem pretty cool when you get into talking your thing. I might be taking an online course in a couple of months and I'm a total computer loser maybe you could help me out some time?

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2007, 3:17 pm

mumstheword wrote:
Hey Unknown, I just got online to see how things were going for you today? Doesn't look like there's been much improvement. I was thinking about you last night, you seem pretty cool when you get into talking your thing. I might be taking an online course in a couple of months and I'm a total computer loser maybe you could help me out some time?

No offence but how could i possibly help you?????

cheesecheese
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Feb 2007, 7:35 am

Raising that sort of money when you're 14 is tricky. Minimum wage is well under $10 per hour in your country, so even if you could get a job you'd be looking at working well over 150 hours at $10 an hour to get your $1500. If you did 15 hours a week that's still two and a half months of hard work before you get your computer.
As you're 14, you can't be legally employed so a reliable 15 hour per week job isn't going to happen.
When I was 12 or so I wanted a Gameboy. There were chores around the house to be done and each one had a very small value attached to it - 50 cents for doing this, two dollars to wash dad's truck, 75 cents for something else. The gameboy cost $120 and it took me a month of solid work to earn it.
If you're looking for an easy way to make $1500 I'm sorry to break it to you but it isn't going to happen. There is no 'easy money' in the world. From what I understand, you wouldn't be too keen on doing small jobs for people in your neighborhood (social interaction with strangers scares the monkeys out of me, too) so perhaps you should look for a way to earn that extra cash online.
If you play WoW or SL, you can sell items from the game to other players. Start taking online surveys (they can take a while to build up before you get a cheque, but they're easy as pie - try www.brandinstitute.com, www.cashduck.com). If you have any particular skills with the computer (web design, game skills, hardware help, etc etc) charge people for lessons (you will probably need a paypal account for most of this stuff, have a parent/person over 18 help you set one up if you need to).

Also, keep in mind that there is very little difference between the brand new version of the hardware and last year's model. Often people can't tell the difference if the system is set up correctly, then optimised. If you can save $100 by getting an older model then it's worth your time. Look on ebay and in second hand/pawn shops for cheaper versions of what you want - sometimes people buy the same thing you're looking at buying but then figure out they can't afford it so they sell it to pay the bills. Bargains can be found in lots of places - research and shopping around pays off more often than not.

I'm reminded of a story I heard once about a poor college student who wanted to travel around Europe during his break but couldn't afford the plane ticket. He called the airline and asked if they would give him a free ticket. Of course, the airline said no. So he asked again, would they give him a free ticket IF he could fill a plane with people going to the same place. They told him that if he could fill a whole plane with people who'd paid for their own tickets they'd give him one for free. So that's what he did - he put up notices and arranged people at his campus to go on the same flight, and the airline gave him his free ticket. If you can sell/promote something for a company they'll often reward you. It takes a lot of effort, though.

If you're getting frustrated and are looking at making that money in less than a fortnight and don't mind doing unethical (yet still mostly legal) stuff online to get it, drop me a line.