I had a job but no I don't think I have it anymore and...

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Heyman15678
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Jul 2013, 5:28 pm

I looked for more than a years for a job so I can pay for college (which luckily I haven't gotten to yet.. but its only a couple months away). And when I finally got a call to get a job (it was at McDonald's) I loved it but after a while they said I couldn't get hours. I'm wondering if their excuse of the costumers deciding how much people get to work was the truth. Anyways, I applied to other McDonalds because they said they have openings but none of them will hire me. Apparently I can't transfer from mine, I have to quit? I don't know please tell me what I should do. And I really would like a job so I don't go into debt. I'm waiting to be older so I can be a waiter maybe I can make more money that way???? :shrug:

benh72
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jul 2013, 5:40 pm

Whatever the reason, I'd say not being able to work at McDonalds is a good thing; it means you'll have to look for something better!
McDonalds are very much a global corporation that is almost like a religion, and you're either in or out, and in my opinion better to be out.
You haven't said how old you are or what you are looking for workwise, you need to consider this.
There is nothing wrong with going to a temp agency, and doing admin or industrial work; we all have to do something to pay the bills, and temping is a good way to try various different things to figure out what works for you.
If you want to work in retail you could try just asking at stores in your area, you'd be surprised to find that some of the big names rely on people fronting up and applying, rather than advertising jobs when it comes to retail, and the worst answer you'll get is no - you already have that answer by not asking so all you have to lose is your pride.
Supermarkets often want staff to help stock shelves or whatever so that could be worth considering too.