interview when manager isn't there...

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

infilove
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2014, 11:32 am

Have you ever got offered an interview for a position, and when you go to the interview, the managers aren't there? As a result, you end up having to have another interview and they end up never calling you back...even when you rocked the interview. I can't tell you how many times that had happened. ..even asking them what is the best time for them. They always say "what's the best time for you?" And I always end up being a time that the mangers aren't there and I doNT get the job because the didn't let me know the mangers weren't there the first place....so frustrating. Has this happened to you?

aspie quiz results; http://www.rdos.net/eng/poly12c.php?p1= ... =80&p12=28

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2014, 11:56 am

Not sure if that's ever happened to me, but I consider it a bad sign about working there.

infilove
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2014, 10:24 pm

zer0netgain wrote:
Not sure if that's ever happened to me, but I consider it a bad sign about working there.

You bring a good point. I have to say, there has been at least five instances where this has happened to me however. Would you say that all these companies where bad then? That's a lot of companies. Sometimes I wonder if it's because the fact that managers aren't as pressured to be as responsible and punctual compared to the candidates trying to land a job.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2014, 10:55 am

Over a decade ago I had applied at a restaurant and I had filled out and application. I had gone in for the interview and two things happened

1. The general hiring manager evidently forgot so someone else interviewed me. I ended up following up with that manager and had a second interview. They had turned me down.
2. They lost my application

infilove
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2014, 6:44 pm

Summer_Twilight wrote:
Over a decade ago I had applied at a restaurant and I had filled out and application. I had gone in for the interview and two things happened

1. The general hiring manager evidently forgot so someone else interviewed me. I ended up following up with that manager and had a second interview. They had turned me down.
2. They lost my application

Wow talk about being irrisponsible! Sounds like those mangers were hypocrites.