Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

AmicusLuporum
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Jul 2014, 8:39 pm

This past winter, I started an online course in professional dog grooming as dogs are one of my major coping mechanisms, When it came time for the internship part of my course, I was placed at a location here in my hometown, and, after two weeks, I am just waiting on the final paperwork from the lawyer and by August 1st, I will be the owner of the very salon I was placed with. The original owners were a partnership and one of them just gave up and tried to harass the other into selling quickly. Thanks to my supportive family for providing the financial support and for making my dream come true.

Super happy with this outcome, 21 years old with Aspergers Syndrome, ADHD, Insomnia, Atypical Depression, and a disassociated personality disorder (I see myself as a werewolf... No Joke) inheriting the second best grooming shop in the entire city... A lot of responsibility, but with my family's support I am certain I will succeed, eventually I may be able to run the entire business on my own. I have already got someone coming in from another grooming salon to work my second table for a 25% commission fee.

Life was terrible in January, now... I feel like the King of the World!! !!

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2014, 4:15 am

Wow, congratulations multiplied by a thousand times! That is a dream situation, work-wise, and you are very, very, very fortunate that you have a family who were able to financially help this to happen for you. You own your own business in a field you actually enjoy, at 21 and with multiple challenges. You are very fortunate!

Please never forget that; it's also a lot to take on, for anyone at all even NTs, but it's still a great position to be in. I will never be able to get anything like this going for myself, and I'm at the latter half of my life, so it's kind of over for me. But I wish you every success, this is wonderful and I'm envious! Best wishes in all your endeavors! :D

LookingLost
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2014, 5:27 am

Congratulations, that's brilliant!

MissDorkness
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2014, 12:53 pm

Wow, that is fantastic!! ! :D Congrats!

TheNinjaSquid
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Aug 2014, 6:47 pm

A good dog groomer is worth his weight in gold

mattschwartz01
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Aug 2014, 11:01 am

AmicusLuporum wrote:
This past winter, I started an online course in professional dog grooming as dogs are one of my major coping mechanisms, When it came time for the internship part of my course, I was placed at a location here in my hometown, and, after two weeks, I am just waiting on the final paperwork from the lawyer and by August 1st, I will be the owner of the very salon I was placed with. The original owners were a partnership and one of them just gave up and tried to harass the other into selling quickly. Thanks to my supportive family for providing the financial support and for making my dream come true.

Super happy with this outcome, 21 years old with Aspergers Syndrome, ADHD, Insomnia, Atypical Depression, and a disassociated personality disorder (I see myself as a werewolf... No Joke) inheriting the second best grooming shop in the entire city... A lot of responsibility, but with my family's support I am certain I will succeed, eventually I may be able to run the entire business on my own. I have already got someone coming in from another grooming salon to work my second table for a 25% commission fee.

Life was terrible in January, now... I feel like the King of the World!! !!

That's awesome man! Now, see if you can pay your good luck forward by actively seeking to hire other Aspies and give them a chance.