Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Raylynn
Toucan
Toucan

02 May 2007, 3:11 pm

I'm sure there are some jobs out there that do not require staff meetings. But all of my jobs have required staff meetings to a degree. What are some recommendations and things that help you make it through the disruption in your normal work schedule to sit and talk somewhat pointlessly face-to-face with people?

Also, any one have experience with video conference? How do you find video conference as opposed to face-to-face meetings?

Personally I try to prepare as much as possible when I know I will have something to report. What is the hardest for me is answering the questions that are unrelated to what I have reported. I notice that my irritation goes up as the meeting goes on and on. I just can't wait to go back to my cubicle with my stuff where I put it. As for video conference, I find it extremely hard to understand and respond to the person. I think that the way that the voice is transferred makes it impossible for me to understand. I think with much more practice it might become easier, but I still think that when I'm looking at a tv my mind wanders too much.

lowfreq50
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2007, 3:38 pm

At the staff meeting it is important to avoid getting staff infection.

Raylynn
Toucan
Toucan

02 May 2007, 8:27 pm

I will keep that in mind :)

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 11:40 pm

What are you good at or qualified at?

Anything entreprnuerial would most likely not have staff meetings, although that would be a drastic change.