Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2020, 7:26 am

I started my job in China a few weeks ago and I'm doing great so far. I'm teaching IT especially computer programming to Chinese students and I love it. I couldn't succeed in the USA so I left and now I'm succeeding in China.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2020, 7:49 am

Ooh. Well done and very brave! China is one of the two future superpowers which will do well. India is the orher. Why? Because of the way they look after their primary and secondary industries. One can ALWAYS tell a future leading country through this. The West are actually setting themselves up to fail by how they treat they idustries. It is only a matter of time before they collapse.
Even if China financially collapses it has the structures in place to spring back onto its feet unline the UK or USA which has lost its industrial structure (Especially the UK). In the modern world, if you are not making things to sell elsewhere you are on a downwzrd spiral of collapsing into a third world economy and it only takes a few decades to do so.
So of all the countries in the world, India and China are the only ones who have made the effort to deal with this. The rest are doing the opposite and wonder why their economies are going down hill!

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2020, 7:52 am

Cool.

I actually am considering work in China, but I haven't had the opportunity so far... I'm also only beginning to learn Chinese.

I have a few questions, actually:

- What about language? How hard is it to work in China if you don't speak Chinese (yet)?
- What is the salary level compared to the US/Western Europe?
- How are living expenditures (Housing, food, transportation etc.)?
- How bad is pollution (especially air quality)? I heard that this could be quite severe in some cities.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2020, 7:57 pm

cubedemon6073 wrote:
I started my job in Ch*na a few weeks ago and I'm doing great so far. I'm teaching IT especially computer programming to Ch*nese students and I love it. I couldn't succeed in the USA so I left and now I'm succeeding in Ch*na.

Good luck, but I wouldn't go there myself.
kh*na is cracking down on foreigners. EEP!
Australian reporters had to flee before they were arrested, simply because they were foreign journalists. 8O

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2020, 7:56 am

Quote:
- What about language? How hard is it to work in China if you don't speak Chinese (yet)?

They got plenty of people who speak English at my job but for the most part outside of work most people here don't speak English.

And, they use wechat for everything from social media to paying for things. For the most part they don't accept credit/debit cards.

Quote:
- What is the salary level compared to the US/Western Europe?

depends

Quote:
- How are living expenditures (Housing, food, transportation etc.)?

Cheap but I must warn you a lot of the bathrooms/restrooms are squat toilets. Not the toilets you're used to which are called western toilets.

Quote:
- How bad is pollution (especially air quality)? I heard that this could be quite severe in some cities.

The pollution is horrible in Beijing. Chongqing, where I'm at, is better.

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2020, 12:04 pm

I could have gone there but didn't... Probably for the best. As my wife said, "People disappear for expressing the wrong opinions there, and you can't keep your mouth shut."