Job Interviews and Resumes are everything

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

gregrob
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Jun 2016, 10:32 pm

I had been lucky to have government contracts that keep going from one to the next for the last 2 years and 4 months. Now it looks like I won't be called back because I was on another contract when they hired other people for the contract I was on before. That's timing for you. This was one of those government things that required no interview. I've only managed to get into other jobs with no interview or in which the interview was very routine. With other jobs there are only two possible results for me: 1) I won't have all the requirements for the job or 2) If I'm miraculously called in for an interview, there will always be people who give better answers than me.
I received an Admin Assistant certificate 9 years ago and have never even tried to get a job in an interview because I know that the two above possibilities are the only ways it could go. Jobs with routine interviews or no interviews are few and far between. In other words regardless of how capable a person you are, you might as well not bother with college or university because if you're no good at interviews, you won't be getting a job. That's the way it is and I hate myself thoroughly. :evil: