Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2016, 9:53 am

I had a job interview recently and was rejected. Apparently they send the same rejection e-mail to everyone as I most definitely do not have "impressive credentials".

"While your credentials are impressive, we will not be moving forward in the process at this time. We will keep your information on file and contact you should our needs change in the future. "

So does this mean maybe someday I'll hear from them again if they need someone and can't find anyone better or is there no chance?

subsonic
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Nov 2016, 11:33 pm

I've had this happen once, a few months after the initial interview, where they wanted me to come for a second interview on site. I don't know if it was due to not enough first round candidates accepting offers, or if their staffing requirements increased during that time.

However, by that time I had accepted a job offer in another city and had already moved. It's a longshot that you'll hear back from them; keep looking at other jobs in the meantime.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2016, 11:38 pm

No, I'm afraid it means there is no real chance. "We will contact you" is a polite way of saying "please don't contact us." Depending on the job there may well have been 100 people rejected, and all received the same form letter.

So, that just means it's time to forget that one and look on to the next one.

There Are Four Lights!

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2016, 5:26 am

They most likely won't contact you. If they need a new person somewhere, they will put out a new ad.

saffron
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Nov 2016, 5:28 am

Darmok wrote:
"We will contact you" is a polite way of saying "please don't contact us."

Oh, that's interesting. I never knew that!

ok
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Nov 2016, 5:50 am

It's pretty normal to receive a standard rejection letter. It happens all the time. If you went to a job interview and you were close to the job, they usually call you and tell you why you didn't get the job. But it only happens sometimes.