Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2017, 11:01 pm

I have major anxiety issues. New doctors or New medical tests anxiety issues panic issues! Even changing to a different doctor since mine is out on Friday (made a Friday appointment) was anxiety issues. I like SAMENESS I like routine! I like everything to stay normal!

Every job I can think of = Major stress factors. I only got my degree NOT on the basis of REQUIRED to do 2 yrs. of college Spanish! (ANXIETY PANIC ATTACKS!! !!). But enjoying going to my Criminology class and watching serial killer videos reading the text was fascinating. But who am I kidding CJ field is MAJOR STRESS. :-(

Mcdonald's Part-time 3 months in 06 = I QUIT too much stress!!

The 16 year old little sister even her basic grocery store job involving interacting with people sounds like too much stress.

Can't think of any low stress Aspie jobs. :-(

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2017, 2:59 am

being a dishwasher when there is no business and all the prep is done can be pretty...low stress. :P

translating spanish texts? i can't immediately think of anything stressful about translating texts.

but an interpreter...

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2017, 6:31 am

How about painting preparation? Before you re-paint something you need to prepare it. Ideally, the painter has an assistant do this tedious work. The painter does the social work and the actual painting.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2017, 11:05 am

Any sort of entry level production work, they will teach you (the first month will honestly be a bit stressful). Once you get it down, it’s just a matter of going through the motion. You just stand in your spot for 10-12 hours and produce with very limited interaction… Your success will be dependent on the manager, hopefully that person is not an incompetent prick.

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2017, 11:22 am

Anything that's nights, warehouse work, night security, van driver etc.

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2017, 3:10 pm

Do overnight stocking or production jobs. Usually you get to work by yourself doing a repetitive task and not have to deal with any customers.

"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people. I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. The best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes."

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2017, 2:59 am

^^ seconding the above two posts. 8)

how good are you at driving?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

kdm1984
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Feb 2017, 10:35 am

Yes, most overnight jobs are low stress. You will probably have to adjust your sleeping schedule with melatonin, but the demands within the job itself are fewer on the night shifts. One of my favorite jobs was a night shift job as a direct support professional where I cleaned the home of clients with developmental disabilities. Very quiet. I also got to do paperwork.