My boss expects me to supervise my coworkers, but won't....

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

LookWhoItIs
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Aug 2017, 10:35 pm

pay me more. In fact, I've never gotten a raise in six years of working there. He expects me to "lead" because I'm older and been working at the job longer than my coworkers, but I don't get paid anymore than them. He says I'm supposed to tell them what to do and keep an eye on them...more work for the same amount of pay. Do I have any recourse?

I want to leave this job....I've been trying for over a year, but I barely even get any interviews.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 10:48 pm

Well how have the interviews gone? As far as that goes I think you just have to keep sending out applications and going to interviews till you get something...then once you have another job secured and ready to start, you can quit that one. Or you could just quit and go on unemployment(I mean I assume you qualify if you have been working there a long time) and search for a job on that, but I think the first option is better.

But yeah if they want to give you more responsibilities and such it would make sense they should pay more for that. So it does seem like they are kind of trying to take advantage.

I mean if my job wanted to make me a supervisor I don't think I'd do it unless they were willing to pay more, and even then...I really don't think I would be cut out for that so I'd probably have to turn that down.

AngryAngryAngry
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Aug 2017, 4:13 am

They are taking total advantage of you. I feel you can't say no, and you are afraid to go for pay rises - every year you should ask for $1 increase.
At the moment you are losing money, inflation increases - reducing the value of your pay.
Also if you are getting more responsibility without pay increase you're actually getting a further pay reduction!

SilverBoltsisWmax
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Aug 2017, 4:20 am

What exactly is your job if you don't mind me asking? I have a job like that now where I feel unappreciated at the end of the day. I have never had a job I only work for a check but now I actually do. My other job I freaking love and smile each day I work it to be honest.