Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

moelking
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Jun 2007, 2:44 am

well i work at wal mart as a truck unloader and it sucks bad. looking for a new job wording if you guys got better jobs. and i am going back to school to be a kindegraten teacher. so if you can tell me about it please tell/ thanks

tomamil
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2007, 3:02 am

i am doing research at the university. i've got my own subject to work on. i am the only one doing that subject. just from time to time i need to report the results to my supervisor and that's the only person i am in contact with. i think it's a good job for a motivated aspie. although, i lost my motivation lately. it just requires to go through many other stages before and takes years to get there. and even then it takes only few years until they make you to teach and attending conferences to present your work.

alexbeetle
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2007, 4:10 am

I am the same as tomamil. It was very hard getting to this point but I am now doing okay. I present at conferences and can cope with that (just) but there is talk of me getting PhD students to supervise and am not sure I want the responsibility for someone else's career - if I mess up then it is their lives that are harder.

It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level I'm really quite busy.

moelking

03 Jun 2007, 4:19 am

thats cool how does one get into working at the univiristy? and what does it take to get the job?

alexbeetle
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2007, 4:26 am

to do my job you have to have a batchelors degree and a Phd
it is possible to get technician jobs if you have good science grades from school

It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level I'm really quite busy.

moelking

03 Jun 2007, 7:03 am

when you say school what school do you mean? i got great grades in high school. and what does a tecanican do?

Amarantha
Raven
Raven

04 Jun 2007, 6:56 am

I'm a network administrator at a University. I sit at a computer all day and fix problems people have with their email or their network access. Sometimes I have to talk on the phone, but most of my client contact is done by email. It's a pretty good gig for an aspie :)

moelking

04 Jun 2007, 2:27 pm

thats cool. i can kida fake being around other people.i dont like large groups. or people that piss me off