Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2018, 11:12 am

Now I have an interview on Saturday suddenly and it's all day with multiple candidates, but not everyone there is for the same exact job as me. I'm kinda nervous about it because I never done this type before. They know already about my physical limitations because I told them about it because I was concerned, but they want to interview me anyway (I have some really unique experience that directly relates to the job)

Anyway according to advice I read on the internet I should probably ask what the schedule is ahead of time and who in the organization is interviewing me, but this interview is an hour's drive from my house and I have to show up early in the morning so I have to be really prepared.

Just wondering who here ever went through this before.

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2018, 11:46 am

By Jove, that sounds utterly exhausting. There is surely no need.

Mudboy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2018, 12:26 pm

I have done several of those. Interview by an individual. Tests for knowledge about job related skills. Testing to see if your resume is truthful. Lunch. Physical skills tests (round pegs round holes, square pegs square holes, timed). Interview by a board. Scheduling start date. Lots of waiting.
You will do fine. They don't waste that much time on people they don't want to hire.

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2018, 1:37 pm

I'm a bit concerned because the job is near a university that is a serious "rival" to the university I have my degree from and two of the universities I worked for in the past... And these rivalries are pretty intense too...

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2018, 7:03 pm

Whew!! ! Icebreakers... Then camp games, then we had to instruct a game, then a test of skills, then a bunch of interviews...