Page 10 of 10 [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Fos11
Toucan
Toucan

09 Nov 2018, 4:04 pm

You were lucky, you could end up homelessness in the US easely.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2018, 4:16 pm

hurtloam wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
Quote:
Sure, and while it may back up what he says about disability vs. employment, it does nothing to justify his claims that work doesn't pay, that there aren't any jobs to be had, and that nobody will hire him anyway.

He chooses to be lazy, and that's his only real problem.

Thing is though is this. Yes, what he says is not absolute but has a high probability. Let's go through his claims one by one and I'm going to refine them.

a. Work doesn't pay. What he really should say is that he is less likely to obtain a job in which he will be able to afford the cost of living which includes but not limited to food, clothing, shelter, and medical care.

b. that there aren't any jobs to be had. There are less likely to be jobs that he is capable of doing that will again be able for him to afford the cost of living which includes but not limited to food, clothing, shelter, and medical care.

c. nobody will hire him anyway. Here is how I will refine it. If one is disabled one is less likely to be hired.

Quite honestly if this study is valid and accurate 40% of the population are struggling to meet at least one basic need for food, health care, housing or utilities. https://www.urban.org/sites/default/fil ... n_2017.pdf

So, if a high minority are struggling what is the likelyhood that Fos11 will be able to be at a job or jobs to where he can afford these needs since he has Aspergers and is disabled like the rest of us?

All one has to do is start looking at this data and I can see why Fos11 is extremely anxious, scared and sees no possible future.

That's no excuse not to even try.

People crash their cars everyday. But I still drive my car.

For what hurtloam? What is your justification?

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2018, 4:23 pm

Quite honestly, I think more people should drop out. If more ppl dropped out I think it would be more likely that change will come to this system. And, change will come just like we went from feudalism to mercantilism to capitalism. These systems of our past could no longer be sustained so they eroded and others slowly changed. So will capitalism.

Read his stuff. And, become a New Monastic Individual. I have. I'm writing my fanfic on the collapse of our capitalistic world and the birth of a new one.

PearlsofWisdom
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Nov 2018, 6:42 pm

Fos11 wrote:
What Jobs could i even do? Not many right?

Not sure what you can or can't do as I can't gauge your physical output for one by merely typing but are you referring to yourself or genuinely homeless people? It's clear you are somewhere in Europe but what's mostly putting you off anyway? It doesn't matter if you aren't too good at stuff as it usually will pick up later. You should go and ask family if there is anything going first, as that may improve your confidence levels and self image as perhaps a base for later. You should be able to be yourself without passing any a levels in order to prove yourself. Helping out in your community always helps and I reckon in Switzerland there would be plenty of lakes to train as an instructor if they got anything like that going. The system is failing us and I don't even have my own advisor now, obviously you have to take what you have to and keep moving forwards and being positive, even if it kills you to lie about it. Your life Your path. Choices can be made or broke, I'd probably make up a Swiss camp bed and sleep outdoors first to test your level of conscious perogative and senses. Once that little test is over go back to your centre and play boss for the day. People will listen to you especially if there is a story with a good ending.

Fos11
Toucan
Toucan

10 Nov 2018, 4:02 am

Capitalism will kill us all.

Lil_miss_lois
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Nov 2018, 4:23 am

How is this still going On? Just TRY and get a job. You're not doing anything else, it's not like you're too busy. You might as well try. At least your parents would look more favourably on you.

If people on this forum are sick of your excuses then I can imagine your parents are pretty tired of it too.

Do you honestly expect them to provide for you their whole life? That's so unfair.

Fos11
Toucan
Toucan

10 Nov 2018, 6:01 am

What jobs? I mean there are fewer unskilled jobs. No i dont expect them too but if they do not, the alternatove will be simply welfare or homelessness.

Lil_miss_lois

10 Nov 2018, 8:04 am

Any jobs. Just search and apply for ALL jobs. The employer will decide if you're qualified and whether to interview you so just apply for everything.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2018, 8:23 am

Lil_miss_lois wrote:
Any jobs. Just search and apply for ALL jobs. The employer will decide if you're qualified and whether to interview you so just apply for everything.

I've done that. It didn't work for me.

Fos, I going to tell you straight up. You need to claim disability. Tell your parents you intend to claim disability. Tell them you are to impaired to be employed and present them why you are to disabled to be employed. Have you ever had jobs and been fired from a good chunk of them? If yes, then show them your track record of failure. Have you ever had issues in school like not being able to turn assignments on time, failures to pass tests and homework assignments due to whatever reason?

Show your parents my post and let them look at these stats for disabled people themselves and look at my analysis.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=369770&start=120#p8069378

Have your parents look on wrongplanet and other autism sites and compare the amount of failures to the amount of successes. They will see that the amount of successes is lower then the amount of failures.

If you have to deal with personality test questions explain to them that you have difficulty with them. IF you have problems with interviews explain why. In fact, have one of them do a mock interview and answer the questions that come natural to you. Maybe they will start seeing a pattern.

Fos11
Toucan
Toucan

10 Nov 2018, 1:14 pm

Still, even here many people have this bootstrap mentality, probably because there are many americans here, right?

PearlsofWisdom
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Nov 2018, 7:27 pm

Fos11 wrote:
Should i try to get disability benefits? Otherwise i will end up on the streets, without them.

I don't know your entire situation but right now you aren't on the streets and like I said, getting a community placement like I did at your age called The Princes Trust, for 12 weeks with people i didn't know and doing residential would open up ideas about the future. Is there a residential college or a course offering Life Skills knowledge in your area?

PearlsofWisdom
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Nov 2018, 7:48 pm

Fos11 wrote:
Well you cant live on part time jobs, can you?

Probably not, and if I can spot your other question then yes the people here are American and live by a completely different way of life. I get not all you Swiss families are rich, you're just societies little rich tax haven for major OAPS, but joking aside, I've seen the street artists and I know that all global economies are at risk and making their people suffer through untold hardship and despair. What was once unskilled labour has been traded for rich capitalist ideas that engulf a country beyond its own sensibilities and legal responsibilities, which then becomes a failure of state funding sponsorship.
If you look at the small print in your daily life it will carry you forwards, its about thinking outside the box. My other alternative option would be to find a pen pal and travel for exchange. You aren't old enough to know what you want to do and your folks seem to care. If it is tough love, if not then detach yourself from them. In an emotional sense then embark on your new course. Claim a benefit too in order to budget and then see if you can in fact sort your life out. But I urge you to take stock and go to careers guidance therapy, as you could be getting depressed. Today's world is too much about the technology so find out what you can do, then tell us all your findings. Good Luck