Being the freak at work/being treated like child?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

PickTheFlower
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 May 2019, 3:24 pm

Seems to be the reoccurring theme in my life I've had so many jobs everytime I'm the outcast who gets weird glances.

I try hard to be like them I've practiced my body language and even can small talk pretty okay now but I'm not sure what Im doing wrong. This happens every freaking time. Not kidding.

And if I'm not getting strange glances then my coworkers are watching me like I'm a child. I try not to make mistakes the last thing I need is one of them speaking to me like I'm missing a brain

I get so tired of people treating me like I'm either a child or a demon creature.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2019, 3:47 pm

I felt like an outcast at school, but funnily enough everywhere I've worked or volunteered, there seems to be at least one other person there that seems eccentric or different in some way, could even be a possible Aspie or have some other neurological disorder that makes them socially awkward or eccentric. So I've never really felt like an outcast in the adult world.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2019, 1:38 pm

I'm good at faking so no one treats me like a freak. However they don't give me any responsibility since i make a lot of mistakes and im slow. So i guess they treat me like a child but don't fire me because they're roo kind for that.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2019, 2:54 pm

I just focus on the task I was hired to perform. Over time I become very good at whatever task is thrown my way. I generally avoid workplace drama. And I am always myself and I do not wear a social mask.

Most people have strengths and weaknesses. Aspies tend to be more extreme. I use my great strengths to compensate for my great weaknesses.