Denied SSDI, need to bring in an income now

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

mrpieceofwork
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2023, 2:26 am

What was even the point of getting assessed? Wonderful stuff. I need help finding an income. Would be great if I could find it here, since most of y'all understand what it's like being autistic in this hellhole. Need to work from home (no public transportation here, it's far from anywhere that would have jobs that I could walk to, I have no vehicle, nor any starting capital) And this country is supposedly the greatest. Not.

Can do bookkeeping and "computer stuff" (like mark up text with HTML, or type words on a keyboard, etc)

Thanks.

My text only website
https://rawtext.club/~mrpieceofwork/
"Imagine Life Without Money"

mrpieceofwork
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2023, 4:46 pm

Please consider helping me with this. I do not want to become un-housed. Thank you. (pms are OK)

My text only website

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2023, 6:17 pm

I wish I can help, I have ENOUGH problems of mine own. I don’t work, I have alot of disabilities, Psoriasis & Aspergers. I’m on reward sites that help alot, my mom left me money before she died.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2023, 6:20 pm

Are you thinking about fighting it with a disability lawyer? You could be eligible for welfare for the time being if a doctor is on your side and thinks you should be on disability, but it’s very little money and would be very tough even with housing and food stamps.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2023, 6:23 pm

Have you ever held a job? If so, for how long?

If you have never held a job, then you should apply for SSI, not SSDI.

If you have worked long enough to qualify for SSDI, and you were denied, try again. It takes three tries in order to get approved. It’s one of the many barriers set up to reduce spending.

mrpieceofwork
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2023, 10:32 pm

LOL I'm looking for work. I haven't had a job since 2010 (long story) I was hoping someone here may have something for me to do. I will email the lawyers I've already contacted again, to see if they'll help with an appeal. *sigh*

thx

My text only website

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2023, 10:44 pm

blazingstar wrote:

If you have worked long enough to qualify for SSDI, and you were denied, try again. It takes three tries in order to get approved. It’s one of the many barriers set up to reduce spending.

I have a question about SSDI.
I know someone who was on it for years (decades actually). They managed to work during the pandemic because of extenuating circumstances but they haven't worked for the past 18 months or so. Now they've been kicked off it and told to go back to work. They live in Florida. They filed an appeal and I believe it was denied. Is this one of those cases where they should appeal three times? What else can they do? (No funds for doctors.)

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2023, 10:59 pm

I'm not familiar with it myself, but maybe you could try Task Rabbit? Most of the work they deal with is handyman stuff, but they also list categories like accounting and research.

There's also Mechanical Turk, which a friend of mine used to do, but the pay is very very low. But you can do it at home on your computer.

I have a friend who is a proofreader and the pay is not bad. It's a temp job so I think you would apply to a temp agency.

Sorry, I haven't worked in a long time so I don't really know what's out there, especially working from home.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2023, 6:27 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
blazingstar wrote:

I have a question about SSDI.
I know someone who was on it for years (decades actually). They managed to work during the pandemic because of extenuating circumstances but they haven't worked for the past 18 months or so. Now they've been kicked off it and told to go back to work. They live in Florida. They filed an appeal and I believe it was denied. Is this one of those cases where they should appeal three times? What else can they do? (No funds for doctors.)

SSDI is a federal program, so the rules are the same in all states. A person on SSDI automatically gets Medicare. When SSDI is stopped, the Medicare is also terminated.

There are many reasons why SSDI might be terminated. Sometimes it is because paperwork wasn’t filed on time or not filed correctly. In this case I suspect there was a review of qualifications for disability and it was determined his disability does not prevent him from working.

There are key words and key language that must be included to be considered disabled. We, the general public, don’t know what these words are. I can’t tell you how many appeals I have read for the state disability program that, while heartfelt, are irrelevant to the legal appeal.

He probably will need an attorney and needs one who specializes in SSDI appeals.

He might want to look into getting on the Florida Ibudget Waiver. If he is autistic, he would have to be able to prove he was diagnosed before age 18.

He can also apply for Medicaid.

Lecia_Wynter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Jul 2023, 11:57 am

mrpieceofwork wrote:
What was even the point of getting assessed? Wonderful stuff. I need help finding an income. Would be great if I could find it here, since most of y'all understand what it's like being autistic in this hellhole. Need to work from home (no public transportation here, it's far from anywhere that would have jobs that I could walk to, I have no vehicle, nor any starting capital) And this country is supposedly the greatest. Not.

Can do bookkeeping and "computer stuff" (like mark up text with HTML, or type words on a keyboard, etc)

Thanks.

build dirtbike so u can travel

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2023, 10:17 pm

mrpieceofwork wrote:

Thanks.

You could invest in dividend kings and dividend aristocrats.These are household companies like Coca-Cola and they will pay you a passive income just to keep you happy owning the stock.I know you dont have starting capital but you can start with 30 dollars.The Dividend payers will keep on giving you a raise every year most likely.Most companies will pay you every quarter.I am sorry it requires starting capital but it can give you reliable passive income thats very dependable.I invest in dividends and and its how I make passive income.

DoniiMann
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Jul 2023, 6:12 pm

Rather than seeking employment, maybe you could employ yourself. What I mean is, every now and then I do a Google search for job ideas. More and more the results seem to be about online opportunities. I assume a few of them are legit. They have even been mentioned here before.
So it seems you're into computers and have free time. What if you asked here/ did a search, and found ten of these passive/low input online side hustles and gave as much time to making them work as you might otherwise expend on a job?
Give each one a folder to keep things in order.
I'm not into entrepreneurial stuff, but it seems that's what it's about. Have a few different income streams that collect into one bank amount.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2023, 12:34 am

mrpieceofwork wrote:

Thanks.

Maybe you get paid to take surveys online by survey websites.You could bring in a few dollars that way.

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2023, 4:38 pm

:twisted:

TwilightPrincess wrote:
Are you thinking about fighting it with a disability lawyer? You could be eligible for welfare for the time being if a doctor is on your side and thinks you should be on disability, but it’s very little money and would be very tough even with housing and food stamps.

virtually everybody gets denied the first time. It's expected to have to appeal at least once.

adoylelb90815
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Aug 2023, 4:07 pm

Everybody gets denied, so you often have to appeal at least once, and have an attorney help you with the apepals process.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2023, 12:53 pm

Appeal the decision if you have the time & resources.

The U.S is a tough place to be economically alienated or inactive/both.