cberg
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2019, 3:59 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
blackomen wrote:
bigos wrote:
The title is deceptive, it should be:
Few people with autism lucky to live in 1 or 2 locations are diversity hires for artificial intelligence.

Try again

https://www.upwork.com/freelance-jobs/a ... elligence/

https://remoteml.com/

Looks like a lot of those jobs require quite a bit of experience and potentially a degree. But I suppose its not few people with autism lucky to live in 1 or 2 locations but rather some with autism lucky enough to have a degree and experience in the field already.

These do not appear to be opportunities for people more fit for an entry level position, seems like you've already had to have had some success or at least competence in the field. So not very helpful to people in my position, unless they have some kind of hands on learning program where they are willing to educate you even if you don't have a degree or previous tech experience.

I work with a lot of gamers in the 3D mapping industry, you might like my gig more than a lot of AI things.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2019, 10:48 pm

I don't mean to ruin this thread, but I think it's really important to point out that autism employment initiatives aren't the same thing as autism advocacy at all. Not even remotely. My perceived capacity as an employee is leveraged constantly with no regard for my health or sanity. I had 2 vacation days this year. I was hired in an ASD specific program.

There’s a difference between people being helpful & people taking advantage of what's wrong with me.

I don't want tech job hype, I want to earn a better living for what I know & I want a break when I need it to stay healthy.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen: