Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Metal Rat
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Nov 2019, 5:01 am

I think I would like to become a published author. Do any of you know of any ways to do so? I wonder!

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2019, 9:39 am

Fiction or non-fiction? If the later then I don't know, but if the former then write stories and send them to publishers. If they like them enough, they'll be in touch. You can also take part in writing contests.

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2019, 1:08 am

A lot of people who try publishing a book haven't developed their writing enough.
It takes a lot of practice to be able to write well, and to get that practice you need to love the process.
So, yes, just start writing stories and see how you go.

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2019, 6:35 pm

It's both simple and complicated. In simple terms, you write stuff, then take it to the appropriate types of publishers and see who will offer a deal. Once your material is available for sale, you are a published author. The hard parts are being able to write well, writing things that publishers would be interested in, and being able to effectively negotiate a publishing deal, with a reputable publisher. You can also self-publish, which entails you paying a printer to have the books made, and then selling them yourself or through a retailer - which also involves price negotiating.