Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2021, 7:53 pm

I casually submitted a resume to an indeed job yesterday thinking not much of it...

They messaged me back, they are very interested... Now I have a Zoom interview tomorrow morning!! !

It's a permanent job in Georgia taking care of birds of prey, reptiles and teaching about them at a resort... Hey, it's a full time, benefited job paying above minimum wage...

It's very similar to what I had to do during my first two internships many years ago...

I'm just afraid if I get hired and go all the way to Georgia, I'd end up not being able to do it well or something... Or have a meltdown...

But the ad said they were especially looking for "diverse" people!! ! I'll be honest and ask a bunch of questions... It's supposed to be a lengthy interview...

And then I have a zoom meeting next week they're trying to get me to accept the grad program!! !

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

endersdragon34
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Apr 2021, 1:52 am

Congrats, my suggestion is in the interview just talk about yourself. Then when/if you get the job, so you don't have the meltdown, ask for a reasonable accommodation of having a break when you need it to relax in a quieter spot.

DoniiMann
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Apr 2021, 9:33 pm

If this is a special interest, let it fly. One thing we do well is convey interest. Apart from a few practicalities, most employers would be impressed by a prospective employee's enthusiasm.

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2021, 9:44 pm

Congrats! I wish you the best of luck on your interview!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2021, 5:10 pm

Georgia has a nice climate.....except for the occasional ice storms in winter (which don't happen every winter).

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2021, 10:53 am

That job wasn't for me, too much physical stuff, my search continues!! !

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020