Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

WhatTheHey
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Jun 2021, 9:55 pm

So today I lost another job. It didn't fit me. The people were idiots. I hated it. But it was paying bills. Now I have to find another one.

I can't seem anymore to keep at a job. I could when I was younger sometimes, but mostly I think because I was able to work jobs that did fit me a bit more. But those jobs are gone now, so I'm stuck doing crap work that I meltdown out of within 6 months.

I can't qualify for "services" or retraining, and I don't have the ability to pay for them myself. Not whining. I'm just one of the many who are "in-between", meaning I don't make enough to pay for such things myself, but I make "too much" or function "too well" to get help from voc rehab or something.

It all sucks.

I'm hoping someday I can retire, if that's even still around by then. But it's still several years away at least.

Meanwhile I spent the afternoon starting to look for another crap job (the kind where they would hire a dead hampster, if that's what came through the door). Those seem the only thing I can find anymore.

It's a strange world we live in..

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2021, 10:54 am

Make sure you document your termination date and any cause they gave. Just save it in a file for your later use.

If you can prove you've been fired a lot, mainly for inability to do the job, rather than embezzling or showing up drunk etc., this can bolster your case for disability.

It feels crummy to have to do this for yourself; but you might need it.

WhatTheHey
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Jun 2021, 10:41 pm

Thanks, BeaArthur.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2021, 12:02 am

WhatTheHey wrote:
So today I lost another job. It didn't fit me. The people were idiots. I hated it. But it was paying bills. Now I have to find another one.

I can't seem anymore to keep at a job. I could when I was younger sometimes, but mostly I think because I was able to work jobs that did fit me a bit more. But those jobs are gone now, so I'm stuck doing crap work that I meltdown out of within 6 months.

I can't qualify for "services" or retraining, and I don't have the ability to pay for them myself. Not whining. I'm just one of the many who are "in-between", meaning I don't make enough to pay for such things myself, but I make "too much" or function "too well" to get help from voc rehab or something.

It all sucks.

I'm hoping someday I can retire, if that's even still around by then. But it's still several years away at least.

Meanwhile I spent the afternoon starting to look for another crap job (the kind where they would hire a dead hampster, if that's what came through the door). Those seem the only thing I can find anymore.

It's a strange world we live in..

I am so sorry to hear that.Hope you are able to find a job that is the perfect fit for u.I wish u all the best.