Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Shellbelle
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2021, 10:41 pm

I have recently started a new position at work with a new department. Prior, I had been working with the same group of people for 6 years, so I learned their mannerisms and expectations over time and was able to work decently well with them.
This new group of people I have yet to learn, and this is a new position to learn as well. It is really big for me, new responsibilities and if I can do this it will be very positive. I am trying really hard not to burn out or become overwhelmed by taking this new challenge on and I am in need of some help from people in the know. I am newly diagnosed- always knew I was different and I have struggled, but never knew why, and now I am trying to figure out life and work with this new viewpoint.

Does anyone have suggestions for the following?

I am struggling with executive dysfunction issues in prioritizing when everything feels new. My mind is like one big misfiring machine.

Working with 10 new people, 2 of whom are my close team. There are politics going on and it is so hard to read their body language and such!

I am expected to answer many questions on the spot- I get so overstimulated my mind goes blank and I feel so dumb, even though I know the answer.

I am in an open office next to my colleagues' desks. They talk. A lot. The noise... 8O

Thank you in advancd for any suggestions!!