Will Web3 provide a better work environment for Aspies?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

blackomen
Toucan
Toucan

25 Oct 2021, 1:30 pm

So I was reading this guy's article about a future he envisions that'll be dominated by crypto, blockchain, and Web3:

https://www.nateliason.com/medley/284

I'm not here to debate whether or not this will be a thing nor how many years away it'll be. Rather, from what I've seen, it seems to be a work environment that'll probably be more Aspie-friendly. For example:

Quote:
"This is a radically different world than the Headshots, LinkedIn, and Resume world of Web2. If you're not comfortable being interviewed by someone presenting as an Anime character and never having a voice call, you might be a little uncomfortable."

I don't know about you but like most Aspies, I pretty much suck at job interviews, especially face to face ones as opposed to Zoom or other remote interviews. But he predicts, in the future, interviews will be conducted over, say, Discord or other forms of IM and you might never even hear the real voice of your boss or subordinates, much less see them in person which only became reality for many in 2020.

What do you think? Are there any potential drawbacks for Aspies that I'm missing?

TB_TB_TB_TB_TB_TB
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2021, 3:28 pm

blackomen wrote:
So I was reading this guy's article about a future he envisions that'll be dominated by crypto, blockchain, and Web3:

https://www.nateliason.com/medley/284

I'm not here to debate whether or not this will be a thing nor how many years away it'll be. Rather, from what I've seen, it seems to be a work environment that'll probably be more Aspie-friendly. For example:

Quote:
"This is a radically different world than the Headshots, LinkedIn, and Resume world of Web2. If you're not comfortable being interviewed by someone presenting as an Anime character and never having a voice call, you might be a little uncomfortable."

I don't know about you but like most Aspies, I pretty much suck at job interviews, especially face to face ones as opposed to Zoom or other remote interviews. But he predicts, in the future, interviews will be conducted over, say, Discord or other forms of IM and you might never even hear the real voice of your boss or subordinates, much less see them in person which only became reality for many in 2020.

What do you think? Are there any potential drawbacks for Aspies that I'm missing?

@blackomen

Same, I don't see why they don't just do IM interviews now rather than zoom.