Tufted Titmouse

15 Dec 2021, 4:05 pm

Fnord wrote:
NoMoreRegrets94 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
NoMoreRegrets94 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Dua97 wrote:
I just lost my job. I hadn't been there very long so I'm a bit disappointed especially as it took me years to find a job. Not sure what to do now.
Start looking for another one.  It is rough to lose a job; one's very identity may be tied up in what they do.  But the only thing to do now is to make finding a new job your new job, and to keep at it until you succeed.  (I am sorry this post seems insensitive.  It really does make me feel sad to know yoIt's u are unemployed, and I really hope you can find something else soon.)
It's almost impossible to find one if you're autistic in fact it is arrogant to say you can find by searching.
Arrogant or not, I am on the spectrum and I found my current job by searching.  What did I do wrong?
Unless your country has low unemployment, it is impossible to find job by searching.
My experience says otherwise.  I live in the Los Angeles area, by the way.

I can reveal that I live in certain nordic coiuntry with higher unemployment rate compared to LA county.

I'd rather live in LA county since one wouldn't need to freeze over once going outside.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2021, 4:07 pm

NoMoreRegrets94 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
NoMoreRegrets94 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
NoMoreRegrets94 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Dua97 wrote:
I just lost my job. I hadn't been there very long so I'm a bit disappointed especially as it took me years to find a job. Not sure what to do now.
Start looking for another one.  It is rough to lose a job; one's very identity may be tied up in what they do.  But the only thing to do now is to make finding a new job your new job, and to keep at it until you succeed.  (I am sorry this post seems insensitive.  It really does make me feel sad to know yoIt's u are unemployed, and I really hope you can find something else soon.)
It's almost impossible to find one if you're autistic in fact it is arrogant to say you can find by searching.
Arrogant or not, I am on the spectrum and I found my current job by searching.  What did I do wrong?
Unless your country has low unemployment, it is impossible to find job by searching.
I can reveal that I live in certain Nordic country with higher unemployment rate compared to LA County.
I thought all Nordic countries had very strong social support services.  Have you availed yourself of any?

NoMoreRegrets94
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Dec 2021, 4:11 pm

Fnord wrote:
NoMoreRegrets94 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
NoMoreRegrets94 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
NoMoreRegrets94 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Dua97 wrote:
I can reveal that I live in certain Nordic country with higher unemployment rate compared to LA County.
I thought all Nordic countries had very strong social support services.  Have you availed yourself of any?

There are benefits but they don't support living at capital region (unless you score rent-contolled apt). They're not worth much. I could move ino hinterlands and even then I would be short of money.

mohsart
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2021, 8:32 am

How'd the interview go, Dua97?

/Mats