things going wrong at at work everyday

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

angelofdarkness
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Dec 2021, 6:27 pm

its been a really rough week at work with half the people I work with out with covid. The store manager is on vacation, and the last two days I worked I was put in charge of the store without warning as they were days the assistant manager requested off. Friday when I worked, I immediately walked into the hot water tank leaking at work. I had to call the district manager about that immediately, after clocking in. That wasn't really the bad part though, I had to run to the bank twice from mistakes on with the change I went to get for my cashier. I was expected to really keep a eye on the other girl, with how she tends to walk away from her job, besides what I was told to do that day. I don't know what they expected me to do about her being on her phone or taking a extra break I'm not a manager. I had a day off between both chaotic days, which wasn't really enough to catch my breath. Today I had to go in early and work a few hours form myself cause of the employee sale. It wasn't too bad for most of the day even if I was in charge. It seemed like everyone waited until the last minute to hurry up and come in shopping, I had a older lady real nice who came in last minute I let look for a candle real quick, while this was going on someone else walked in. I said that we were closed and this customer ignored me rudely saying she'd only take a second. my cashier and i waited a few minutes, and both people were taking ages so he yelled. The lady who got the candle was very polite and thanked us. the other lady who didn't buy anything was rude but just left. Our deposit came out okay after I double counted but, the drawer was 34 cents off and we were both late getting out on time. I dropped the deposit off at the bank and went home and cried this week has been awful. I'm afriad the assisstant manager is gonna yell at me over the drawer or being late.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2021, 6:29 pm

I am quite sympathetic to you.

Working in retail sucks. Working as a manager in retail really sucks.

I’m sorry you had such a rough week.

angelofdarkness
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Dec 2021, 6:35 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I am quite sympathetic to you.

Working in retail sucks. Working as a manager in retail really sucks.

I’m sorry you had such a rough week.

that's what I don't get I'm not technically a manager so why am I running things so many days? they never really trained me on this other then how to close the store and stuff. I dont know how every night I've closed with the cashier, the drawer ended up being off it was like 34 cents tonight. I really don't know what they're doing leaving me in charge like that are

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2021, 6:45 pm

That’s happened to me. I would have just inserted the 34 cents. But I understand why you didn’t.

Maybe nothing will happen at all when you come in Monday.