Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 69,207
Location: UK

08 Feb 2024, 11:17 am

I'd hate to have a job where all I did all day was lick envelopes


_________________
We have existence


blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jun 2011
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,787
Location: United Kingdom

08 Feb 2024, 11:19 am

Imagine the negative effect on one's tongue in such a job.

Ick.



babybird
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 69,207
Location: UK

08 Feb 2024, 11:34 am

There's very little that I wouldn't do for money but I draw the line at licking envelopes


_________________
We have existence


Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,841
Location: England

08 Feb 2024, 11:58 am

I hate overly dramatic interview questions.

'Name a time you showed bravery in your career!'

What? :? I mean I spoke to the general public, that's brave.

'How did you fundamentally improve the system or inact change at your last job?'

Uh, I didn't? What are you on about? I worked in an office, I didn't lead a revolution. I just did my job. It was not a collaborative - we take suggestions - kind of place. If I'd suggested improvements then I would have just been yelled at for it not being my place.

I've genuinely had these questions and they annoy me a lot.


_________________
Support human artists! Do not let the craft die.

25. Near the spectrum but not on it.


blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jun 2011
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,787
Location: United Kingdom

08 Feb 2024, 12:06 pm

babybird wrote:
There's very little that I wouldn't do for money but I draw the line at licking envelopes


:lol:



blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jun 2011
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,787
Location: United Kingdom

08 Feb 2024, 12:08 pm

Lost_dragon wrote:
I hate overly dramatic interview questions.

'Name a time you showed bravery in your career!'

What? :? I mean I spoke to the general public, that's brave.

'How did you fundamentally improve the system or inact change at your last job?'

Uh, I didn't? What are you on about? I worked in an office, I didn't lead a revolution. I just did my job. It was not a collaborative - we take suggestions - kind of place. If I'd suggested improvements then I would have just been yelled at for it not being my place.

I've genuinely had these questions and they annoy me a lot.


I always feel degraded in interviews.

My inner self just wants to tell the interviewers to stop taking the poorly paid jobs they are interviewing for, so seriously.



babybird
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 69,207
Location: UK

08 Feb 2024, 12:14 pm

I hate interviews me.

I've decided that at my next one I'm gonna ask them questions about how suitable of an employer they will be for me. I don't really care if I don't get the job but I'm not gonna let them bend me over the table and f*ck me up the arse.

I hate bosses in this country. They just get away with so much.


_________________
We have existence


DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Jan 2021
Age: 45
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,975
Location: Dorset

08 Feb 2024, 12:42 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
My inner self just wants to tell the interviewers to stop taking the poorly paid jobs they are interviewing for, so seriously.


Yes! Me too. I'm sat there wondering why we can't be honest. It's a sh***y little job and I don't even want it but I'll do it because I need the money and I'll do it to a standard that befits the amount you're going to pay me BUT why are you pretending its so important and do I really have to pretend to be excited about it? Because I just can't do that.

I don't get offered many jobs.


_________________
These days, I let my moustache do the talking.


blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jun 2011
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,787
Location: United Kingdom

08 Feb 2024, 12:47 pm

DuckHairback wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
My inner self just wants to tell the interviewers to stop taking the poorly paid jobs they are interviewing for, so seriously.


Yes! Me too. I'm sat there wondering why we can't be honest. It's a sh***y little job and I don't even want it but I'll do it because I need the money and I'll do it to a standard that befits the amount you're going to pay me BUT why are you pretending its so important and do I really have to pretend to be excited about it? Because I just can't do that.

I don't get offered many jobs.


Right?!

I don't get offered many jobs either. I struggle to appear enthusiastic in job scenarios.



DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Jan 2021
Age: 45
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,975
Location: Dorset

09 Feb 2024, 12:11 pm

I've just found out i have an interview (sort of)* next week. So i guess i have to start pretending.

*Incidently, when did interview processes get so complicated? Used to be you applied, you got an interview, you got hired or you didn't.

Now they make you jump through all sorts of hoops, doing little tasks for them, trying to get to the next stage of the 'process'. Like a damned reality tv show. This interview isn't even even an interview, it's a video meeting 'screener' interview and if i pass that I'll get a proper job interview.


_________________
These days, I let my moustache do the talking.


ElmersTrueLove
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 8 Feb 2024
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Posts: 489
Location: Elmer Fudd's Cupid form

09 Feb 2024, 12:16 pm

Mine is still under review, it has been weeks


_________________
Someone: You attract what you fear.‬
‪Me: I'm terrified of Elmer Fudd.

Elmer's wife since 2022

.。*゚+.*.。 ゚+..。*゚+


babybird
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 69,207
Location: UK

09 Feb 2024, 12:20 pm

I never believe people when they say they're happy in their jobs when they're earning rubbish money and worked half to death and they have to travel for two hours a day to get there and the boss is horrible too.

I think they're just trying to convince themselves because the truth is just too hard to bare


_________________
We have existence


babybird
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 69,207
Location: UK

09 Feb 2024, 12:47 pm

DuckHairback wrote:
I've just found out i have an interview (sort of)* next week. So i guess i have to start pretending.

*Incidently, when did interview processes get so complicated? Used to be you applied, you got an interview, you got hired or you didn't.

Now they make you jump through all sorts of hoops, doing little tasks for them, trying to get to the next stage of the 'process'. Like a damned reality tv show. This interview isn't even even an interview, it's a video meeting 'screener' interview and if i pass that I'll get a proper job interview.


Best of luck for what it's worth


_________________
We have existence


blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jun 2011
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,787
Location: United Kingdom

09 Feb 2024, 1:54 pm

babybird wrote:
I never believe people when they say they're happy in their jobs when they're earning rubbish money and worked half to death and they have to travel for two hours a day to get there and the boss is horrible too.

I think they're just trying to convince themselves because the truth is just too hard to bare


Some people do indeed like to kid themselves to shield themselves from the truth.



Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,066
Location: AspinatorLand

09 Feb 2024, 2:23 pm

I applied for a part-time job at a manned dump site, yet they wanted me to go through a lengthy interview process; required references and a drug test. I wanted to say "are you fuxxing kidding me? This is a job at a dump; when the compactor gets full of trash I press a button and compact the trash (super high- tech) I am retired so its been awhile since I was on the job market but I did think "what an overkill" :o



Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 11,973
Location: ᜆᜄᜎᜓᜄ᜔

09 Feb 2024, 2:30 pm

Quit since Christmas.
Currently enrolled to a VA course. Just to demystify stuff.

Currently in a short term job; attempting to be a graphics designed...
... As a newbie, as I found, editing after a layout is actually a damn headache.

Oh, and having to learn boundaries and scammers sniffing...
Still don't like business as a concept.

Also, other duties. Again, I'm subbing a secretary.
At least I'm not forced to multifrickingtask.


_________________
Gained Number Post Count (1).
Lose Time (n).

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.