Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

natas
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Dec 2007, 6:00 am

i have a decent job that i can tolerate because i don't really need to interact with others very much and i can wear headphones and just concentrate on my work, anyways i have lots of problems at my job like everyone else i'm sure, but the biggest for me is going to work on time which is 8 in the morning ill either show up at 4 am or 12 noon or anytime in between, i think part of my problem is i stay up all night because there so much stuff that needs to be done :x then ill lay down like an hour before i should get ready and ill fall asleep, im not quite sure why i know i need to work i have alot of debt but for some reason i dont like working lol i like this job more tehn any other ive had but i feel im in danger of losing it im not sure what i should do ive lost many other jobs for this same reason it seems the only way i can go to work is if i stay up all night then im kinda tired the next day :roll: i have "the worlds loudest alarm clock" but i sleep through it and turn it off without even knowing it i just wanted to ask here see if anyone else has had a similar problem or any advice for me before i get fired and have to go work at boston market scooping potatoes :(

SleepyDragon
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2007, 6:42 am

Some of us were just born to work afternoon shift. Anything earlier than a 10 a.m. start, I'm not a happy camper. :evil:

Is there a chance your employers can adjust your hours?

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2007, 8:37 am

Yeah, I have a similar problem, just not as severe. I have no problem arriving at work within a 40 minute window. They would prefer that I arrive within a 10 minute window. Establishing a regular routine, where I go to bed at the same time, get up at the same time, eat more or less the same things at the same time of day every day, helps a lot. I even provided my employer with a letter from my doctor obliging them to put me on a regular schedule.

- Emerson

natas
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Dec 2007, 9:57 am

i let my boss know why i act the way i do and it went pretty well, i was told im in no danger of losing my job and that he would let me know if i was in advance theres noway that i can work past 5 so i have to be there sumtime between 6 and 8am maybe if i just go to bed right after work then wake up around midnight or 1, do what i need to do, then go in at 6. there doing all kinds of crap for christmas and they keep trying to give me presents that i dont want and have no use for and bugging me why i wont go to there party driving me nuts :evil: after new years i bet my attendance will be perfect again thanks for all your help guys :D

maritimeblaze17
Raven
Raven

08 Dec 2007, 7:06 pm

You need to go to bed early and get up on time to go to work. That's your fault.