Jobsearch - finaly got a job, but...

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

IkeSiCwan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Aug 2011, 5:43 am

I got a job, starting at 08-22-11. Ok, it will be a good job. Not exactly what I was looking for, but it gives me a start and some new experiences. Maybe I will get better tasks, pojects from my job agentcy I have a contract with after this upcoming 2 month periode I will work at a customer company site.

So, here I sit and do not feel relief and relaxation about that I will have a good job after searching for a long time sending out realy many applications and getting back sooo many rejections.

First I think I am not relaxed etc. because I do not know what exactly this new job will be. Every company works different, everywhere is a new structure. Will I be able to show my skills and experiences? Will they like my work? Will I get new tasks at other sites after these 2 month?

I feel somewhat hunted, uneasy... you probably know this feeling?

- Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 57 of 200
I am an IT and Aviation Nerd!
- Asperger diagnosis / Autism spectrum diagnosis official 04/2016
- self diagnosis 2008

oldmantime
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2011, 12:48 pm

you should be god damn ecstatic! you do realize that it's HARD to get a job nowadays, right?

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2011, 1:06 pm

I just had a job interview yesterday. It went well...overall...for the circumstances.

I brought a nice change of clothes to work for the interview...or I thought I had...until I had to change clothes and realized I left them at home. :oops:

Since I knew that was done, I was quite relaxed for the interview. I even joked that I could really only do worse by forgetting to wear pants to the interview.

Don't know if I'll get the job or not. As I'm working someplace I've become accustomed to, I don't know how to feel. It would be a step up from what I have, but as much as I whine about needing a change, I'm antsy about saying "yes" to a new job and leaving one I've grown used to.

IkeSiCwan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Aug 2011, 7:24 pm

Monday the 22. I start my new IT support job. Will see what it is like. The IT boss of the company's local side told me they have none documentation of their clients and printers and how they are tied up into their network... Well what a chaos! Will be fun working there! I have some structured ways to go with IT problems and part of it is to know on a mouse click all about the client PC, the client software and how the client is linked to the structure. Working not even with a basic tikiwiki knowledgebase, will be pur fun! I have left Windows XP and Office 2003 since 2010 and worked with vista/win7 and Office 2007/2010 since 2008... So it will not be easy getting back to this old softwares...

Will see what I will have to face and cope with...

- Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 57 of 200
I am an IT and Aviation Nerd!
- Asperger diagnosis / Autism spectrum diagnosis official 04/2016
- self diagnosis 2008

oldmantime
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2011, 7:21 pm

enjoy the job! money makes coping easier.

LostInEmulation
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 4:14 am

I know the feeling, It is so scary to begin a new job! Congrats on getting it and all the best in it though!

Penguins cannot fly because what cannot fly cannot crash!