Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

MetalManiaInc
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Apr 2008, 3:36 pm

DavidH I'm sorry that you got fired, especially when you were working for 9 years. To be honest with the lot of you in this forum, I've only had one job and I got fired. I worked at a private golf course it was called Bayview Golf and Country Club a couple of summers ago, and I worked there part time for nearly 4 months as a backshope employee, from May 24th to September 12th. The people I worked with were in the backshop were good, except for one, he was a bit of a cocksucker who talked a lot of s**t. But answering the phone a lot and saying "backshop (name) speaking", was a total b***h because you were interrupted while cleaning golf clubs. I got fired from my job because my boss freaked out over golf clubs not being thoroughly clean and I was misunderstood and I didn't know what to do, and plus I ate dinner and I got back 15 mins later before this incident occured. Then the next week I was told by one of the guys, who I thought was very pleasant, that it was my last shift, and I was shocked, in disbelief, and I felt like I was going to burst into tears because getting fired breaks your heart, and that's what I felt was heartbreak. But last year, after I got screwed out of a few job opportunities, I worked with my dad painting houses, and it was good because he thought I did a great job and he was pleased with my work ethic. So that's what I've been doing currently is working with my dad, though I'm hoping to get a job sometime soon, one that doesn't involve me cutting my hair and shaving my beard, because I like to wear my hair long and wear a goatee.

Bopkasen
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2008, 11:33 pm

DavidH wrote:
i wrked at Wendys a fast food restaurant, last friday i had one of those awful days, i paniced and just left. i called monday and they thad to discuss it with another boss. i called today and was told i was fired.

How about medical excuse? Panic attack can be medical excuse.

silentwisdom
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 May 2008, 6:15 pm

That sucks.

Last edited by silentwisdom on 06 May 2008, 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2008, 6:41 pm

I got fired from a minimum wage job at a deli for not smiling enough! It was no big deal. As a temp worker, I walked off plenty of times, but mostly I was a good fast worker, so no one cared.

Bopkasen
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2008, 11:05 pm

AspE wrote:
I got fired from a minimum wage job at a deli for not smiling enough! It was no big deal. As a temp worker, I walked off plenty of times, but mostly I was a good fast worker, so no one cared.

That illegal firing, you should filed a complaint at a local labour department.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2008, 10:27 pm

Why is that illegal? It was a service job, and I wasn't being artificially pleasant enough. I wasn't going to fight it, the pay was low, and I was a college student anyway looking forward to a real job soon enough.