Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

aspieguy101
Raven
Raven

29 Apr 2009, 10:50 pm

Not that I want a job. Well, maybe I should...but I really don't. Plus, and I'm being realistic here, I don't think anyone will hire me. At very least anytime soon. And even if or when I do get hired, I'll likely get mocked which I, like a lot of you probably have experienced too much of. That essentially leaves me one option to get some money: go on welfare or ssi and food stamps. I don't even know if I can get that sh@t now because I've got a trust fund worth 10 grand for my benefit (but it's doled out gradually by dad). I can only have UNDER 2 grand in the bank to qualify for f#cking SSI. It's BS. So, I'm stuck at my dads', and have extremely limited amounts of money and whether I like it or not, no job. I want to get the hell out too. But then, I'll be homeless and that's a no good life as we all know. I asked dad (maybe this was a dumb question anyway but still) why I couldn't get the f$ck out of here and he was like (in an extremely annoying voice that repeats in my head daily like immortal words), "Well, you've tried....but you need money." f#@! ! WHY DO YOU NEED MONEY FOR EVERYFUCKING THING!! !? I'm truly between a rock and a hard place and won't get the f**k out of it for another couple years AT VERY LEAST. UUUARGH!@

whitetiger
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2009, 11:02 pm

Take the $2000 out of the bank. Do not use it. Spend it all on something. Let your dad dole it out in cash instead of putting it in a bank. Also, you can call it a loan and that works sometimes.

http://www.youtube.com/user/whitetigerdream

Don't take life so seriously. It isn't permanent!

aspieguy101
Raven
Raven

29 Apr 2009, 11:11 pm

whitetiger wrote:
Take the $2000 out of the bank. Do not use it. Spend it all on something. Let your dad dole it out in cash instead of putting it in a bank. Also, you can call it a loan and that works sometimes.

I really wish it were that easy. It's what is called an irrevocable trust and dad wants to conserve money now cause of the stupid recession. He's spending it slowly and carefully to fully benefit me. Or so he says but never fear, I've got no reason to not believe him since he's a great dad, don't get me wrong. So, what I'm trying to say is, it's HIS to dole out to ME. Until I'm 25 years old and until then it'll be all gone anyway. So, it's never really mine. Plus, as I said, I've got 10 grand, so I'd need to take at least 8001 dollars from the account not 2 grand. Just saying.

aspieguy101
Raven
Raven

29 Apr 2009, 11:12 pm

oh, I get you now. a "loan". Maybe I will at least try that...thanks.

whitetiger
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2009, 2:45 am

The reason I said 2 grand was that your father wasn't giving it to you all at once. There's more than one way around this.

http://www.youtube.com/user/whitetigerdream

Don't take life so seriously. It isn't permanent!

demeus
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2009, 9:52 am

Actually, you may not have to count the trust as assets when applying for disability. According to the rules, when money/assets are in a trust that you do not control, then they are not counted against you for benefits because you do not actually have the money/asset. This is the idea behind a special needs trust that are put into many wills.

Miyah
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2009, 6:04 pm

whitetiger wrote:

No, I think that he needs tp put that money in a trust or something. Don't spend that kind of money.