Help, my 3 year old thinks she's a cat

Page 5 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2022, 2:12 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Cranes can usually get up to the top of tall trees—but not tall buildings.
Then how do skyscrapers get built?

(Are we talking about construction machinery or birds?)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2022, 2:52 pm

Cranes can’t go beyond a certain height. The highest ones go up to about 40 storeys.

But elevators and stairs can be built on construction sites for access to higher floors.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2022, 3:20 pm

Have you really never heard of a Tower Crane?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2022, 3:31 pm

All right. The highest in existence is about 65 storeys….but most cranes don’t go that high. They usually go in the 30s-40s storeys.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2022, 11:31 am

When I was a kid my mother once made me a bunny costume for Halloween (which I mentioned in an earlier post), and I used to wear it a lot and pretend I was a bunny rabbit. My parents used to try to discourage me from wearing it outside and hopping around on our lawn. I guess it was my "comfort object", like a blankie. But by the time I was a teenager I was deeply embarrassed by it and would cringe really hard whenever my mom would bring up the subject. :)

Kids pretend to be different things all the time. When they're NT, adults usually think it's good, they're using their imagination, this should be encouraged. Or that it's just a phase and they'll eventually lose interest. But when they're ND, adults are like, this is an obsession, it's bad, it's should be discouraged, they might have even have species dysphoria and they'll grow up into one of those freaks and no no no I want my kid to be a nice normal person. Gooo figure. :roll: