The Golden Commandments of I SHALLS for your ASD child

Page 4 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2022, 12:10 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Nobody owes anybody anything.

But common courtesy is….well…courteous. We should practice it more often.

Of course we should practice it more often.

Here is the issue I have.

It is true that nobody owes anybody anything or is that really true. Those around this kid acted like they were owed and was criticizing the kid because he didn't do what they wanted and demanded.

Yes, the kid was a jerk and he should have had the decency to be courteous but if we're all truthfully owed nothing by anyone then why did those around this kid act as if they were owed especially the guy who sat on the kid's legs?

All I see is hypocrisy.

Again, why does this kid owe anyone common courtesy whether space was a premium or not?

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2022, 10:38 pm

Quote:
Again, posted before. When you have hundreds of applicants, each one with a glowing resume, the task becomes one of elimination. Anything legal that an overworked HR rep can do to find three good candidates from a stack of hundreds will be done.

What Fnord says here is actually true.

But what is also true is that employers, schools, etc make the claim that I.T. is a high in-demand field. I have to ask the question what is the ratio of candidates vs the number of I.T. positions available? We can break it down by type of I.T. job like application developer, network engineer, etc.

If the number of candidates is higher then the number of positions available then what we have is high demand for the positions and low supply for these positions in economical terms. If we truthfully have high demand/low supply instead of the low demand/high supply which is claimed by employers, schools,etc and the low demand/high supply was promoted to prospective students then I have to ask how many of them are victims of false advertising?

Is I.T. truthfully a high in-demand field? If employers have to use personality and all kinds of other tests to filter out candidates then I say no I.T. is not a high in-demand field contrary to what is promoted.

So, for me to succeed in a job that is related to my field I had to leave the country b/c the opportunity was not there for me in the USA. More opportunity existed for me in Communist China then in the good ole Free USA.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2022, 11:30 pm

Health care jobs are always in “high demand.”

Some of those jobs are fascinating, too. But there could be a great deal of accountability within those jobs. More so than most jobs. You really have to dot your i’s and cross your t’s within those jobs.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2022, 12:26 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Health care jobs are always in “high demand.”

Some of those jobs are fascinating, too. But there could be a great deal of accountability within those jobs. More so than most jobs. You really have to dot your i’s and cross your t’s within those jobs.

That is True as well. My younger cousin who has aspergers as well works in medical coding.

Hey, I probably should've been a plumber lol but if I was a plumber I wouldn't get to experience and get enriched by different cultures.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2022, 6:32 pm

You could be a plumber in an exotic locale :)

There’s an especial need for skilled trades in “third world” areas.

knowingtheautist
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Nov 2022, 6:37 pm

I agree, there are lots of jobs that are fascinating for autists but come with their overwhelming challenges, pressure, and necessary client interactions.

Beware Aspies!

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

01 Dec 2022, 2:23 am

knowingtheautist wrote:
I agree, there are lots of jobs that are fascinating for autists but come with their overwhelming challenges, pressure, and necessary client interactions.

Beware Aspies!

Have you at least read the responses you got? :scratch:

It happens that we are dozens of adult Aspies, each with their own experiences, many in this thread giving feedback on your opinions. Have you read it?

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2022, 7:38 am

magz wrote:
knowingtheautist wrote:

Beware Aspies!

Have you at least read the responses you got? :scratch:

It happens that we are dozens of adult Aspies, each with their own experiences, many in this thread giving feedback on your opinions. Have you read it?

I would love for this guy to actually answer my questions:

https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=408395#p9160960

We'll wait and see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Wi8Fv0AJA4

knowingtheautist

04 Dec 2022, 2:46 pm

Hi cubedemon,

I agree with you, nothing is certainly set in black & white either.

Making excuses: Yes, you can have legitimate excuses. The point is not to give up finding work

Being a victim of narcissists: It's never the victims fault. Ever. The narcissist is seductive. Just don't fall for them if you see too many red flags, that's all

I shall be motivated and not give up finding work: Congratulations on your bravery to take an opportunity to go to China!

I shall have potential, am intelligent, am hard-working...: Sometimes it's luck and job needs more than skills. That's why one should not give up.

I shall stop reading theory books...: Again, nothing is black & white. Sometimes one's theory can be impeccable to a level that he can learn a skill by doing it. But for the vast majority, even within the autist community, practice makes perfect.

I shall be realistic, capitalize on my strengths: The world is becoming more accepting of autism, so now, being yourself is an attractive employer skill. Employers who understand you are autists are more interested if you can perform the basic job, rather than if they see you patting your elbow. And some strengths can be weaknesses, you are right, and some weaknesses can be turned into strengths.

I shall aim to be a creative DUDE like Charles Darwin or Bill Gates: You don't have to be famous to be successful. But innovation and creativity is never something negative to have in your life. Remember the key word 'AIM'. I don't mean you have to reach it. I mean you should 'look' in that direction.

Success: You are right, you don't have to be successful in order to 'make it in life'. I probably went too far on this commandment. You can be happy without being successful. Just be yourself. There is nothing that you can do about it and it is not our fault to be born as Aspies. We did not choose it. Just be happy and enjoy life to the fullest.

I shall be hopeful: Put you hopes only to some level. Putting your hopes too much could discourage you if you don't achieve it.

I shall adopt the Neurotypical mindset...: Sometimes it's impossible to adopt a neurotypical mindset. But at the same time, don't go to the other extreme and give up either.

I shall take a chill pill: You mentioned in the thread the following:

'When I realized that my control over the outcome of my decisions was limited and the control over my destiny had constraints I finally chilled.'. :) .

...That is a skill right there. To be positive and be happy. Keep it up :)

There is always a way: Yes, autists will need help from people to point out something in order to solve problems and say 'There is always a way'.

Hope that answers your questions!

Take Care

The Aspie Discovery Rover

knowingtheautist

07 Dec 2022, 12:10 pm

Also, KraftieCorty,

Yes, you have to dot your i's and cross your t's. I had a Health Care type career. I was fascinated with the technology, but I could not bear the heavy responsibility on my shoulders that come with that.

You really have to take your time to choose a career, whether you are an Aspie or not. And when we are autistic, we tend to get rushed more into looking at the cover of a book without reading the pages!

knowingtheautist

01 Apr 2023, 10:28 pm

In following the golden rule of success, I still suggest to be yourself. It goes a long way

knowingtheautist

17 Jun 2023, 2:47 pm

Message of the day:

I SHALL be myself and accept who I am in a positive way as an ASD Child
I SHALL say to myself 'I have weaknesses but also special strengths'.

Tell me about your strengths in the discussions.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2023, 3:14 pm

knowingtheautist wrote:
In following the golden rule of success, I still suggest to be yourself. It goes a long way

What happens when we're naturally ourselves and we're fired left and right or we're not hired at all?

My natural self is not acceptable to the typical employer.

Be yourself is useless.

Let's put it a different way. Can a pedophile be himself?

knowingtheautist

28 Jul 2023, 6:43 pm

There are of course certain limits of what is acceptable of being yourself.

So you cannot be a pedophile, murderer, rapist, terrorist, etc. to be yourself

And being fired because you simply are lazy to show up to work is not an acceptable behavior either even for the Aspie individual's end.

But on the other hand, there are those Aspies who are good people, do not commit crimes, and take their jobs seriously and are willing to learn. Those deserve more acceptance and credit by society and are not getting enough merit from employers.

So yes, you need to be yourself, but you also need to be in good character, watch numerous videos on how to succeed in a job interview, choose the right career based on your strengths, etc.

And once you are hired, you need to take each day one at a time to make sure to pass probation.

Passing Probation is EASY and FEASIBLE even for High Functioning Austim individuals provided that:

1) You PICK A CAREER that suits both your strengths and passions (usually careers that do not involve direct customer interaction or pressure) such as Programming or Manual Quality Assurance (if programming is too difficult) and QA is the no. most suitable career for those. If you are not in this field, try a general job where you can do quality such as working in a factory where you are inspecting products to make sure they are not damaged for example.

And being yourself means being transparent to your employers and not telling your employer what THEY want to hear. Being HONEST

2) You PASS PROBATION. Once you are hired, you do the following key tips that will make you STAND out rather than get BANNED out.

- A) Ask questions. Employers expect that you are learning and expect you to make mistakes, so as long as you DO NOT repeat the same mistake, or ASK or ANNOY the manager or colleagues with the same question.

- B) Be on time. No excuses

- C) Do not swear, gossip, or disrespect your colleagues.

- D) Get feedback, especially for the quality and speed of your work. Both are crucial

- E) ATTENTION to INSTRUCTIONS

- F) Admit to your mistakes. Never be defensive. An employer who has been in the company for 30 years knows a great deal more than a learner

These are the 6 most important tips :)

Last bumped by knowingtheautist on 28 Jul 2023, 6:43 pm.